Stand-up paddle boarding provides an easy way to get out and enjoy the water. While there are rigid paddle boards, the most portable and least expensive models are inflatable paddle boards. These are often called iSUPs, which is short for inflatable stand-up paddle boards.
But, even iSUPs can be expensive, often costing well over $1000!
The good news is that not all iSUPs are so costly, and there are plenty of budget-friendly models available. In this article, we will reveal the best cheap air boards you can buy right now.
But what’s so great about paddle boarding? After all, it’s the fastest growing water sport of the last few years.
For starters, it’s very accessible – almost anyone can do it. Getting started will take a little practice and determination, but paddle boarding is surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it. It’s also great fun and provides an environmentally friendly way to get out on the water.
Finally, paddle boarding is as hard or as easy as you make it. You can get a great workout or just paddle for the fun and enjoyment of being out in the fresh air. It’s entirely up to you how far and hard you take this popular activity.
Use this guide to help you choose the best cheap stand-up air board.
Best Cheap Air Boards
$162.92 in stock
6 used from $162.92
- 【New ultra light construction dual layer PVC 】35% lighter than comparable models. Inflated 10’6" long 33" wide 6" thick, weight 17.6 lbs, maximum capacity is up to 330 lbs, stable and great for all skill levels and conditions.
- 【Ultra durable】Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board durability.
- 【Safety & Convenience】 33'' board width and 3 removable fins construction achieved amazing balance ability.
- 【Package including 】 Board, adjustable aluminum paddle, high pressure pump, travel backpack, coil leash,waterproof bag, and 3 removable fins.
- 【Warranty】No risk returns within 30 days+ 60 day guarantee +1 year manufacturer warranty.
If you want to use your SUP for yoga, fishing, or just want a board that’s almost impossible to capsize, this ultra-stable model could be the one for you. At 33” wide, this is one of the most stable boards on review, and it makes a great platform for anyone who really doesn’t want to fall in the water too often.
- 5’ long x 33” wide x 6” thick
- Weighs 17.6lbs
- 300lbs weight capacity
- Available in two colors
- Two-layer PVC construction
- Reinforced side rails for increased durability and stiffness
- Removable fins
- Supplied with a paddle, pump, backpack, leash, and repair kit, and a free waterproof phone case
Make no mistake; this is a BIG paddle board. That’s good if you want stability, but not so good for speed or handling. This board is best thought of as a cruiser or platform and is not a good choice for anyone who wants to paddle fast or over long distances.
- Very stable
- All three fins are removable and replaceable
- Good quality pump with built-in pressure gauge
- Very durable construction
- Light but strong
- The backpack is quite small – you need to roll this board up tightly for it to fit
A lot of paddlers find putting their board back in the bag tricky. It just takes a little practice! Roll this board tightly from the nose to the fins to squeeze all the air out, and you should be able to fit it, the paddle, and your pump in the bag.
This is a well-made board that won’t set any speed or maneuverability records, but it still a lot of fun to use.
$309.99 in stock
8 used from $198.95
- EXTRA WIDE FOR BETTER BALANCE: Measuring 10’6 feet long & 32 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze.
- SOFT, STABLE & ANTI-SLIP TOP DECK: Perfect for beginners, we've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no-slip soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur. They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- BEST PADDLING MANEUVERABILITY: Outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling the stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy. Offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100% travel-friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure. Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore.
- ALL-IN-1 BLOW UP PADDLE BOARD KIT: Complete with must-have paddle board accessories, our SUP paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves. Includes 10' board, coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Upgraded Aluminum paddle, manual air pump & storage bag.
If you are new to paddle boarding, stability counts. A wide board means you’ll be able to get your balance sooner and enjoy more time on your board than in the water. This model is 32” wide, which is the ideal width for most paddling novices.
- 5’ long x 32” wide x 6” thick
- 275lbs weight capacity
- Double layer PCV drop-stitch construction
- Reinforced sidewalls for increased stiffness and strength
- Supplied with a pump, paddle, backpack, leash, and repair kit
- Available in a choice of six colors
- Color-coded backpack and EVA deck pad
This paddle board package contains everything you need to get and stay on the water.
The pump has a built-in pressure gauge to make it easier to achieve the recommended 15 pounds of pressure that will make this inflatable feel and handle like a rigid board. Despite being 32” wide, this board glides really well for effortless paddling.
- Very strong construction
- Good quality accessories
- An excellent board for beginners
- The paddle is heavy and doesn’t float
Most paddle boards come with paddles designed to float – even if it’s just for a few minutes so you can recover your paddle if you drop it. The paddle in this package does not. Because of this, and especially if you intend to paddle far from shore, this sinker of a paddle should be replaced with a better one that floats.
Apart from this minor gripe, this board is very enjoyable to use.
5 used from $196.68
- Roc's premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most durable lightweight boards on the market using the same materials as boards costing twice as much. All boards come complete with everything you need to get out and enjoy the water right away
- Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for riders of all skill levels. These kits can be used in the ocean, freshwater lakes, and rivers. Our board is an industry-leading weight of only 17.5 pounds—that’s 20% lighter than competitors’. Board dimensions are 10’ long by 33” wide and 6” thick with a weight limit of 350 pounds. Pets love them too
- Over 7,600 Reviews and counting with a 5 Star rating.
- What Makes Roc Paddle Boards The Top USA Paddle Board Company?
- We stand by the quality of our Company and are happy to provide a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. Supported by the best USA based customer service in the industry. You can trust Roc as the leader in quality and fun.
If large, wide, stable paddle boards have a disadvantage, it is that they are often heavy and hard to transport. This board from Roc bucks that trend and is about 20% lighter than most other boards of this size.
- 10’ long x 32” wide x 6” thick
- Weighs 17.5lbs
- Weight capacity 300lbs
- Made from military-grade drop-stitched PVC
- Package includes paddle, pump, backpack, leash, repair kit, and waterproof phone case
- Made in the USA by a family-owned company
- 1-year warranty
- Available in seven colors/designs
Most cheap inflatable paddle boards come from Chinese companies. Roc Boards are a USA family-owned company and are backed by a much more comprehensive warranty. They’re a little more expensive than many other budget boards, but, for quality, they’re hard to beat.
- Very well made
- High-quality accessories
- Suitable for larger paddlers
- A very stable, sturdy board
- At the top end of the price range
- Maybe too wide/slow for more experienced paddlers
If you want a quality iSUP that’s still considerably cheaper than more premium brands, this board is worth considering. It’s an especially good choice for beginners and anyone interested in leisurely cruising rather than high performance.
- Excellent Balance: Our paddle board has The Extra width, which can allow you to be better balanced while using. When you are on the water, excellent balance performance allows you to enjoy more freedom and conquer nature in your adventures. Measures 10' Long x 30" wide x 6" thick. Recommended weight limit is 250lbs. Similar to a hardboard when fully inflated to 15 PSI but only 7.5 kg/16.5 lbs the weight
- All-round Perfect Design and Materials: iSUP DESIGN provide Rigid and Stable Shape, Great for All Skill Levels and Conditions. And the material of this deck EVA has good friction, which will prevent you from sliding. It's sturdy and safe for long time use. Tough 6" Military-grade PVC construction lets you No more worry about abrasion or damage. High-quality adjustable ALUMINUM PADDLE, which breaks down into 3 separate pieces in order to easily fit into your provided bag
- Super Portability and Stability: Our SUP Board is inflatable, so it can be rolled up into compact package 11x36" for easy transport and storage. And due to different parts of materials such as EVA, PVE, and ALUMINUM, our products have Super Durable, no longer a need to worry about damaging your board when banging against debris while on the water. And when you inflate the paddle board, there is a carrying handle on the board, which is really convenient for use
- Full Equipment: Our SUP come with everything you need includes board, adjustable paddle, removable travel fin, ankle leash, easy carry backpack and other complete accessories such as wrenches, etc. Among them, this high-pressure double-action pump is fast and easy to inflate board to 15 psi only takes 5 minutes. And this backpack features a wider strap and a more effortless design to make you feel more comfortable. No need to worry about how to carry all to the water to begin your SUP adventure
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: Purchase an inflatable paddle board with confidence. Wavey offers only the highest quality inflatable paddle boards constructed of the highest quality materials. We stand behind our products 100%. You can expect the WAVEY SUP to outlast the rest
Inflatable paddle boards are often quite heavy. That’s okay if you don’t have to carry it far to reach the water’s edge but can be a real drag if you’ve got further to go. This board is one of the lightest around, making it ideal for travel.
- Available in two sizes – 10’ long x 30” wide x 6” thick, and 11’ long
- Weighs 16.5lbs
- Double-layered PVE construction
- Supplied with a pump, paddle, backpack, ankle leash, repair kit, and removable fins
- Non-slip EVA deck pad
- 250lbs weight capacity
- Available in four colors
If you want to go further and faster, a longer paddle board can help. As an added benefit, longer boards also tend to track a little straighter. While a shorter board is probably best for beginners, the 11’ model is perfect for intermediate paddlers.
- Good size and color options
- Light and easy to carry
- Dual-chambered pump for quicker, easier inflation
- Good balance between stability and performance
- Attractive faux wood-veneer finish
- Paddle and backpack are a little basic
With this board package, it’s easy to see where your money went – on the board itself. The rest of the components are quite lightweight and flimsy. However, replace the aluminum paddle with a stronger fiberglass model, and this air board is good to go!
1 used from $293.92
- WIDE AND LIGHTWEIGHT SUP DESIGN - Three sizes stand up paddling board, 10'6" long and 31''of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.Paddle Boards Premium Paddle Board is Made Of The Highest Quality Military Grade Material. Providing The Most Durable Lightweight Board On The Market.
- PREEMINM MATERIAL - Paddle Boards is Made Of The Highest Quality Military Grade Material.Max load is up to 280 lbs Providing The Most Durable Lightweight Board On The Market. Brushed Thickening blow up paddle board with Non-slip soft deck,ideal for all skill levels for less accidents or injuries should you fall!
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY - The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, one big fin is removable, and two small fins are unremovable which are fixed on the board, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- VERSATILE PORTABLE STAND UP PADDLE BOARD - Easy storage - packing down to the carrying bag.FBSPORT pandle board can be used in different water including sea,lakes, rivers or small wavy ocean. And the sup boards is great for fishing, surfing, paddling, cruising, yoga, sightseeing in water.
- COMPLETE PREMIUM PADDLE BOARD ACCESSORIES - Package comes with paddling essentials, including Board, Paddle, a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Pump, And A Premium Carry Bag!
This well-priced paddleboard has many of the features usually found on more expensive boards. If you want a cheap paddleboard but don’t want to sacrifice quality for a lower price, this could be the model to choose.
- 10’ long x 30” wide x 6” thick
- Weighs 22lbs
- Made from dual-layer military-grade drop-stitched PVC
- Supplied with an ankle leash, removable fins, a paddle, pump, and backpack
- Non-slip EVA deck pad
- Available in ten colors
This board is your complete paddle boarding package and contains everything you need to get out on the water. At 30” wide, it is quite a narrow board, so it’s only suitable for very calm water but, with a little practice, this product should provide you with hours of fun.
- Very light but rigid
- Multiple fin configurations to choose from
- Suitable for users up to 280lbs
- Comes with a single chamber pump
- The paddle is not the best
- Not the most stable board
The paddle is a three-sectioned alloy model which, while light, is too bendy for vigorous paddling. The pump is also quite low quality, and with just one chamber, it will take a long time to get the board up to pressure. But, both of these components are replaceable, and the board itself is excellent quality indeed!
$279.89 in stock
1 used from $99.99
- STABLE & DURABLE - Optimally handcrafted with premium PVC and mesh material. Light and portable, weighing only 22lbs, but hold up to 400lbs!
- ☀️ MOBILITY & SAFETY - Detachable bottom fin for easy steering. A soft top deck and cushioned non-slip traction pad boosting balance & stability!
- ⛱️ EXTRA EQUIPMENT - High-quality paddles, a waterproof phone bag, safety rope, manual pump and repair kit.
- ️ INFLATED IN 5-7 MIN - Get ready for your water adventure in no time. Our manual pump that saves you energy and effort!
- 100% SATISFACTION - 30-day money back policy and 1 year of guarantee. Quick customer service is happy to help!
Beginner paddleboarders need a wide, stable paddleboard. This will allow them to spend more time on the water and less time in it! This air board is stable and forgiving, making it the ideal board for new paddlers.
- 10’ 6” long x 32” wide x 6” thick
- Weighs 22lbs
- 400lbs weight capacity
- Made from two-layered drop-stitched PVC
- Supplied with a leash, 3-piece alloy paddle, pump, repair kit, backpack, and removable fin
- Includes a free waterproof phone case
This long, wide board should provide even a wobbly beginner with a fast and enjoyable way to learn to paddle board. The non-slip deck mat will also increase confidence and comfort. This package contains everything a new paddler needs to walk on water!
- Comprehensive package
- Suitable for youths and adults
- High-quality materials
- Very light and strong
- Ideal for beginners
- More experienced paddlers may find that this board is too wide and slow
With a weight limit of 400lbs, this board is buoyant enough for most adults and should be big enough for two people and even a dog! Backed by a one-year material warranty, this is a very good paddle board for the price.
- PERFECT MATERIAL& ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: (12'6"x28"x6")DCS inflatable paddle board adopts three layer laminated fusion material outside, drop stitch GLASS FIBER material in the middle, BRAVO gas valve, the advanced bonding technology. Our SUP can withstand up to 20 PSI pressure & bearing 400lbs as the hard board, but only half the weight. No more worry for dings or scratches. 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- 100% CARBON FIBER PADDLE：True 100% full carbon fiber paddle has only half the weight of a standard aluminum paddle. Edges of the blade is constructed of rubber material, efficiently avoid hurting. In order to easily fit into the given bag, you can break the paddle into 3 pieces. All the details are designed to make you enjoy your paddle session
- PROFESSIONAL BACKPACK CARRY BAG：Most comfortable iSUP bag in the market. The backpack has enough space to store the DCS SUP and all the accessories. Not only you can find adjustable shoulder straps and waist support belt, but also the interior buckled straps to keep the SUP fixed and the exterior belt to keep the bag stay fastened.
- DOUBLE ACTION BRAVO HAND PUMP: Strong construction - High velocity + Limited effort (100% faster and 50% easier than the standard pump) to inflate at high pressure. Manual switch from double to single action. The pump can inflate and deflate. 2*2000 CC-1.9 BAR (27.5 PSI).
- EXTREMELY STABLE & EASY TO HANDLE: The extra wide tail helps the entire 32' wide board gained additional stability, and the shape of the board delivers smooth tracking experience. Outfitted triple bottom panel fins give the stand up inflatable paddle board more manipulation flexibility - easy to steer & handle. Perfect for beginners, Advanced surface (EVA) material to prevent slippery.
iSUPs can be expensive, especially if you buy one of the best paddle boards. But, it’s good to know that you can still enjoy this fun and rewarding sport even if you are on a budget. This water board is both well priced and easy to use.
- 5’ long x 32” wide x 6” thick
- Dual PVC drop-stitch construction
- Grooved, non-slip EVA deck pad
- Removable central fin for easy storage
- Four-point bungee cargo net
- 400lbs weight capacity
- Supplied with a pump, paddle, repair kit, leash, and rucksack
- Available in four colors
- Also comes as a ten-footer
This lightweight air board is 32” wide, which means it’s stable and ideal for beginners and anyone who values balance over speed. It’s a well-made board that should provide several years of reliable service.
- Easy to use
- Made from tough but light materials
- Good quality accessories
- A good board for cruising
- May be too wide and stable for more experienced paddlers
- Only the center fin is removable, while the small side thruster fins are not
It’s always useful to be able to remove all the fins from a paddle board. That way, if any of them are broken, it’s a simple matter of replacing the damaged one. With this board, the thruster fins are permanently attached to the bottom of the board. That means, if broken, you’ll need to replace the entire board.
So, stay out of the shallows because, otherwise, you could break a fin and end up needing a whole new board.
- KAYAK SEAT: When you use the SUP for the first time, sitting on the kayak seat and riding on the board is the secret to maintaining balance and is suitable for every beginner. When you get used to the SUP, just remove the seat for a more exciting stand-up paddling experience.
- ULTRA-STABLE SIZE: The size of our paddleboard is 10’x31”x6”, which is the best size for beginners. This provides maximum stability while allowing you to sit comfortably when riding the board. So, get your children or pets to sit with you on the board, providing them with a great sense of security.
- FROM KAYAK TO SUP: You can use the D-ring design to attach or remove the kayak seat with ease to switch between two different paddling modes. The practical paddle also has a foam insert, so it floats in water. With a Go-pro base at the front, you can install a sports camera to record your vivid rowing moments and the beautiful scenery around you.
- EFFICIENT PUMP: Our high-efficiency dual action pump has two inflation modes, allowing you to inflate conveniently and efficiently – it takes only 3-10 minutes to blow the board up with our hand pump. The package also includes an electric pump adapter that connects the air valve of the SUP to the onboard electric pump, saving you from buying a new one.
- AFTER-SALES SERVICE: FreeinSUP provides a two-year manufacturer warranty and a 30-day worry-free return to ensure that you enjoy this board to the maximum. If you have any questions about paddleboards or which accessories you need, please feel free to contact us, and our customer service team will be happy to chat.
Paddle boarding is a great pastime, but it is very weather dependent. In strong winds and big waves, it can be impossible to remain standing for long.
This board comes with a kayak conversion kit, which means you can sit on it and paddle it like a canoe on those days when it’s too windy to stand up, or you just feel like a different kind of paddling adventure.
- 10’ long x 31” wide x 6” thick
- Weighs 20lbs
- 257lbs weight capacity
- Supplied with an easy to deploy folding kayak seat and 2-in-1 convertible paddle
- EVA non-slip deck pad
- Comes with a backpack, leash, repair kit, and pump
While you can buy a kayak conversion kit for most paddle boards, this is one of the few models to include one as part of the standard package. This makes it outstanding value for money and ideal for anyone who wants to paddle their board seated or standing.
- Kayak kit included in the price
- Easy to convert from a paddle board to a sit-on kayak
- Good quality accessories, including a fast-inflation double-action pump
- A good mix of stability and maneuverability
- Quite heavy and slow
This board is not made for speed. Instead, it’s perfect for cruising, fishing, and even SUP yoga. The addition of the kayak kit means it should appeal to all the family, even if they don’t want to stand up to paddle. This is a great board that should provide lots of enjoyment.
- Ideal Explorer SUP：Freein 10'2"x33"x6" explorer is the ideal All-Star SUP with portability, durability and functionality. It is suitable for all levels of SUP users, especially those who like to explore, cruise and sightseeing. The board capacity is 275 lbs.
- 2.Excellent stability and operability: Double layer military grade laminated PVC and professional weave drop stitch material can hold up to 23 PSI thus provide the greatest rigidity. The 33" wide SUP provides maximum stability while the sporty shape of the board still allows for a fast-tracking. The three bottom fins effectively increase the operating speed for maximum control. Even beginners are easy to balance on the Freein Explorer.
- 3.Enhanced features and functionality: The Go-pro base (action camera mount) can be used to install a sports camera to record your vivid paddling moments or the beautiful scenery. The 6 D-rings on the side can be attached to the kayak seat in seconds, and the 6 D-rings in the front of the board fix a bungee cord to create a storage area.
- 4.A Complete Set: The glass fiber 3-section paddle can adjust the length according to your height, and the foam inserted inside makes the paddle more floatable. Even if you accidentally drop the paddle during use, it will not sink, ensure safety! The double-action pump has two inflation modes, which can inflate more efficiently and have the function of pumping. A 20L dry bag protects your gear from being soaked.
- After-sales service: Freein SUP provides a two-year manufacturer warranty and a 30-day worry-free return to ensure that you enjoy this board to the maximum. If you have any questions about paddleboards or which accessories you need, please feel free to contact us, and our customer service team will be happy to chat.
This board is extra-wide to give it more stability than the average iSUP. This makes it especially suitable for beginners and anyone wanting to do yoga or try their hand at paddle board fishing. However, because it’s so wide, this is also a very slow board.
- 10’ 2” long x 33” wide x 6” deep – also available in 11’
- Dual-layer PVC construction
- Carbon fiber reinforced side rails for stability and strength
- Cross-hatched non-slip EVA deck pad
- Weighs 20lbs
- Built-in action camera mount
- Package includes pump, paddle, backpack, dry bag, leash, and repair kit
This is not a high-performance board. If you want to paddle fast or cover large distances, this is not the model to choose. But, if you are looking for a stable, easy to use iSUP for cruising, fishing, or yoga, this one is worth considering. It’s also big enough to take you and your dog or child and is perfect for larger paddlers.
- Very stable
- The action camera mount is very useful
- Quick to inflate
- Nice floating paddle
- The backpack is not the best quality
Backpack quality issues aside, this is a very well made, easy to use board. It’s ideal for beginners and anyone who enjoys a leisurely paddle on calm water. But, it’s probably too wide for more adventurous waters and anyone looking for more performance.
$150.07 in stock
2 used from $150.07
- Rigid & Durable: It feels very similar to a hard board. The board is made of high grade PVC material with Korean Drop-Stitch construction and built to last.
- Inflatable & Portable: Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 36"
- Deck Features: Comfort diamond groove traction for grip,11 stainless D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty covers workmanship and material.
- Complete Package: Board, Pump with Integrated Pressure Gauge, 3-Piece Aluminum Paddle, Removable Shoulder Strap, Leash, Action Camera Mount and Float, Mini Dry Bag, and Backpack
Vilano has been making paddle boards for almost a decade. Their boards are robust, built to last, and easy to use. This model is stable, light, and comes with all the accessories you need to get out on the water.
- 10’ long x 31.5” wide x 6” thick
- Weight capacity 240lbs
- Weighs 25lbs
- EVA non-slip deck pad
- Supplied with pump, paddle, backpack, leash, waterproof phone case, repair kit, and shoulder carry strap
- Removable central fin
- Backed with a one-year warranty
- Front bungee net for storage
At 31.5” wide, this is not the most stable paddle board. But, that narrower width means this board should carve through the water easier and faster. This is a good product for beginners who are quick learners and intermediate paddlers looking for a new board.
- Comprehensive accessory package
- Quick to inflate
- Packs down small enough for airline luggage
- Very durable
- Only available in one color
- Maybe too narrow for paddlers with less balance
- No carry handles on the nose or stern
This lightweight board is not the biggest on review, but it’s ideal for smaller paddlers and users who have reasonable balance or who are fast learners. It’s well-made, fun to use, and surprisingly quick and nimble. All in all, this is a great budget paddle board that’s especially at home on calm rivers and lakes.
Consider the following before buying an inflatable paddle board.
How much do they weigh?
iSUPs can weigh as little as 12-15lbs, up to about 25lbs. It all depends on the size and thickness and the number of PVC layers used in construction. The weight isn’t important once the board is on the water, but you may appreciate a lighter board if you have to carry your board very far.
Paddle boards range in sizes from about nine feet up to twelve feet or longer. Widthwise, they vary from 26-28 inches up to 33-35 inches. As a rule, shorter, wider boards are more stable and better for beginners. However, they are usually slow and not suitable for paddling long distances.
Longer, narrower boards are faster and more efficient to paddle but aren’t as stable.
Beginners should choose short/wider boards, whereas more experienced paddlers should choose a longer/narrower board if they want better performance.
Electric or manual pumps?
Most inflatable paddle boards are supplied with a manual pump.
Cheap pumps have just one chamber, while batter pumps have two or even three. More chambers make for easier, quicker inflation.
It can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes to inflate a paddleboard, depending on your pumping speed and your pump’s capacity.
Pumping up a paddle board is an excellent way to warm up before hitting the water.
Most boards can also be inflated using an electric pump, usually sold separately. These pumps connect to your car power outlet. While this does make for effortless inflation, electric pumps are noisy and can take longer than a decent manual pump.
Why are some more expensive than others?
Paddleboard construction, materials, and accessories can vary enormously. Materials like carbon fiber and fiberglass are lighter but more expensive than standard PVC and aluminum. In short, you get what you pay for. Most budget-friendly paddle boards are made from cheaper materials and supplied with more basic accessories.
Inflatable iSUPs can be very durable. Unlike a rigid board, they won’t dent or crack if you hit a rock.
It’s almost impossible to over-inflate an iSUP, and most are made with reinforced seams for increased durability.
However, they can be punctured, but that will take a lot of effort and a degree of bad luck too!
On the downside, repeated folding can cause wear and tear, as can prolonged exposure to UV light. Because of this, iSUPs need to be stored with care and will eventually wear out and need replacing.
Wider boards are more stable than narrower boards. If you want a stable board, look for models that are 32-34” or wider. But wider boards are also slower.
Tracking refers to how straight a board moves through the water. Longer boards tend to track better than shorter boards, and iSUPs with three fins usually track better than those with just one. However, longer boards are also generally narrower, which means they’re less stable.
Are there any age requirements?
Anyone can paddle board, from kids to older adults. It’s a very accessible activity! But, for safety, younger paddlers should always be supervised by an adult and stay close to shore.
They should also wear a buoyancy aid, as should all paddlers.
Check for local restrictions and regulations before venturing out onto the water as some areas may prohibit paddle boarding.
When it comes to having fun on the water, paddle boards are hard to beat. Standing on the water makes it easier to see fish and plants, and the chance to see land from an all-new perspective.
Using an iSUP is easy and convenient. Because they deflate and roll up small, you can put your board in the back of even a compact car and travel to new places to paddle. You don’t need a trailer or a roof rack – most paddle boards come with a backpack for easy transport.
iSUPs are also very rigid. They’re made from drop-stitched PVC, which means they won’t bend when you stand on them. But, for optimal rigidity, an iSUP MUST be inflated to around 12-15 psi, which can take a little time and effort. Or, you could use an electric pump if you prefer.
If iSUPs have a disadvantage, it is that they can be expensive. That said, there are plenty of budget-friendly models that are ideal for beginners and anyone who wants to get out on the water without breaking the bank. While these boards aren’t as light or robust as more expensive boards, they are every bit as fun to use.
So, whether you want to paddle for exercise, try your hand at SUP yoga, do some paddle board fishing, or just have fun out on the water, you’ll find the right budget-friendly board in these reviews. All that’s left for you to do is choose an air board and get out on the water – safely, of course!
Best Cheap Air Boards
Paddle boarding is as hard or as easy as you make it. It’s entirely up to you how far and hard you take this popular activity. Use this guide to help you choose the best cheap stand-up air board.
- WAVEY BOARD
- Freein Explorer
- Vilano Journey