Fly fishing can be a fantastic hobby, but your next trip will only be as good as your equipment. Heading out to the water with subpar materials can quickly lead to a day without any good catches. In particular, having a poor-quality fly fishing vest can lead to your fishing lures and accessories becoming damaged or soaked.
Finding the best fly fishing vest for your needs doesn’t have to be tricky, however. In this guide, we’ll take you through the top fly fishing vests for a variety of users and needs. All of these will be well-made with quality materials and most of them can suit men or women of various body types. Let’s get started!
Best Fly Fishing Vest
1 used from $37.15
- 【Lightweight and Comforable】This fishing vest only 23 oz weight .It is made of lightweight breathable fabric . Mesh back allows for air to flow freely so you can stay cool and dry. Especially in hot weather.
- 【Professional Design】This Fly Fishing Vest with 17 exterior and interior pockets and rod holder loops & a variety of accessory loops to hold all your gears.Gear attachment tabs, cord loops, D-ring net lash and hemostat keeper for various tools you may need on the water
- 【Adjustable】One Size fits Most – Adjustable shoulder and waist strap design suspension structure to fit with most shapes and sizes.
- 【Multifunctional】Great for All types of fishing-The mesh fishing vest perfect for Trout Fishing,Fly Bass Fishing ,Outdoor Activities etc.And that would make a great gift as well. Do not hesitate, get this functional vest as a thoughtful gift to anyone you want!
- 【Superior service】Kylebooker are very concerned about customer satisfaction and desire to provide excellent customer service.If you're not satisfied with our products please don't hesitate to contact with us,let's make it right.Give a try without hassles!
The Kylebooker is perfect for fishermen who like comfort and practicality in equal measure.
- Adjustable for men or women
- Made of light mesh fabric
- Plenty of D-rings
It’s easily adjustable for men or women and features a huge number of loops for storing gear, along with a D-ring net lash. It’s easy to tie all of your major equipment on to this single vest for convenience and comfort. The mesh design is fairly breathable but also durable enough to improve the support around your waist and shoulders.
Like other so-called “universal” fit fly vest, folks on either the lighter or heavier end of the body type spectrum will have some difficulty fitting into this vest even with the adjustable straps. Be sure that your body is likely to fit inside for maximum comfort before finalizing your purchase.
- Very comfortable for most users
- One size fits most people
- Orange loops easily mark where you should store your gear
- Doesn’t fit really large or small users
The Kylebooker is made of excellent materials and will be comfortable for most folks; we’d recommend it to the majority of fly fishers.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Travel fishing vest are made from a lightweight fabric blend that’s designed to offer a minimal amount of waterproof protection, it’s the ideal vest for those drizzly and damp, early morning starts.
- BREATHABLE & DURABLE: Poplin style vest is thin; Linen style is ventilated betterly; Mesh style vest with plenty of breathable mesh incorporated into design. These jackets are well ventilated as well as durable and quick dry, ensure the wearer remains cool and comfortable all day!
- MULTI-POCKETS: Fishing vest with 16 varying sized pockets, including secure zippered pockets and velcro fastening pockets, you can handily store all your personal possessions. Also ensuring that your hands are free to focus on whatever you are engaged in. It’s a highly practical and versatile summer vest.
- OCCASIONS: This stylish and highly versatile lightweight jacket is ideal for a wide range of outdoor activities from fishing to safari, hiking to camping, travel to photography, climbing to hunting, bird watching to river guide adventures, as well as work to daily casual, etc.
- VARIOUS COLORS & US SIZES: Flygo fishing vest has a wide range of classic and traditional colors as well as various US sizes and styles. You can easily find one or more suit you and your dear families or friends. Do not hesitate, get this functional vest as a thoughtful gift to anyone you want!
The Flygo is ideal for men who both fly fish and do other outdoor activities.
- Made of cotton and mesh
- Offers some waterproof protection
- Ventilated linen design
- 16 pockets in total
- Various colors to choose from
It can also be used for other types of fishing or general travel through the wilderness. It’s incredibly durable and made with cotton and nylon mesh. This keeps things comfortable while allowing it to breathe enough to prevent you from sweating. It also offers some waterproof protection for your clothes beneath. You can also choose the color that you feel works best with your personal style.
But the lack of many zippered pockets means that your gear is at a higher risk of accruing water damage. Be careful when fly fishing if you choose this vest and keep your more sensitive equipment in either the chest pockets or elsewhere.
- Good for a variety of activities, not just fly fishing
- Very easy to adjust
- Plenty of pockets on the front
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Most pockets aren’t zippered
The Flygo is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who like to camp, fly fish, and spend most of their time on adventures of all kinds.
- HIGH LEVEL OF COMFORT: This vest made of high-quality light mesh fabric and premium rips top breathable polyester shell to stay sweat absorbency, light weight as well as breathability.
- EXPANDABLE STORAGE WITH FISHING ROD HOLDER: Large and expandable to store more gears (pliers, fishing lure boxes, wallet, phone, keys and other accessories you need in your life.
- MULTI-ZIPPED POCKETS: Four generous chest pocket, four zipped front pockets, two inside pocket, four side mesh pocket, and one generous back pocket in total. It can distribute your fishing accessories in different pockets.
- PERFECT ONE-SIZE-FITS FOR ANYONE: Adjustable shoulder and waist straps offer a perfect fit experience for almost any person.
- REFLECTORS ON THE BACK: Reflectors on the back and shoulder exude a professional safety sense for life saving.
The Obcursco is a great choice for both sexes.
- Adjustable for both men and women
- Fishing rod holder
- High-quality light mesh fabric
- Most pockets have zippers
- Reflectors on the back
The Obcursco has a specially designed holder for your fishing rod, plus plenty of storage space for any equipment or accessories you might want to bring along. Most of the pockets are zippered, so you don’t need to worry about water damage. It’s also very adjustable and can fit men and women after a few tugs on either the shoulder or waist level straps.
However, the overall comfort of this product is negated somewhat by the thin shoulder straps. Their thin size allows them to be adjusted easily but it also makes them a little uncomfortable and vulnerable to rip or damage. Take care of this vest and try not to overstuff it to avoid this issue.
- Great for nighttime use due to reflectors
- Most gear can be stored safely due to the zippered pockets
- Very easy to adjust to your size
- Shoulder straps can dig into your shoulders
- Thin straps run the risk of tearing
It’s perfect for fly fishers that take a lot of gear with them, but maybe not a lot of heavy gear.
$31.00 in stock
- Adjustable suspension system – adjustable shoulder and waist straps, allows custom fit
- Lightweight material, dries faster and breathes better
- Padded air mesh shoulder straps provide the ultimate in comfort and breathability
- 18 total pockets (including 14 zippered pockets with smooth conceal zippers) with specific design functions for everything from fly boxes to thermometers
- D-ring on the back to attach a fishing net, strobe holder loop for use in low light conditions, rod holder loops, knife lash tab, and a variety of attachment loops allow you to carry all your gear.
The Bassdash is great for men and women alike as it can be adjusted to fit any size torso.
- Adjustable for men or women
- 18 pockets in total
- D-ring on the back for attaching fishing nets
- Knife lash tab
- Extra attachment loops
It’s one of the most comfortable you can find online. It’s made of a padded mesh material that not only keeps things breathable for the duration of your fishing expedition but also lets you hook on tons of extra gear with various loops and clips integrated into the vest. The shoulder padding really comes into play when you load the vest up with all your gear.
It also dries really quickly, so don’t worry if it gets wet. Some zippered pockets let you protect anything sensitive, as well. The only downside is the material contact relatively easily with splinters of wood or other sharp objects.
- Very comfortable in the shoulder pads
- Padded air mesh material keeps everything breathable
- Many of the pockets are zippered for protection
- Lightweight overall
- Dries quickly
- Gets caught on sharp things easily
This fishing vest is affordable and long-lasting and you can feel comfortable even when lugging around a lot of gear.
Allen Bear Creek
- FISHING WORKSTATION RIG: This heavy-duty chest pack has a front pocket that zips down into a compact and easy-to-use workstation. It comes with a tippet (leader) spool holder and a hook and loop closure on the chest's face for positioning fly patches.
- MICRO CHEST PACK: The large main compartment inside this waterproof chest bag measures 8.5" x 2.5" and fits two fly/tackle boxes.
- VERSATILE: This pack has two internal mesh accessory pockets, an external mesh pocket for small terminals or leaders, and a web tab for attaching retractors for line nippers or hemostats. The D-rings are for attaching tippet holders and other tools.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE: This pack fits comfortably and stays in place when you're using it thanks to a padded, adjustable neck and waist strap. The neck strap comes with a fishing net D-ring.
- ALLEN CO: We share your passion for the great outdoors. Our unwavering dedication lies in crafting superior hunting, shooting, and archery gear that combines quality and value.
The Allen Bear Creek is an optimal choice for lightweight individuals or those who don’t need to store too much stuff.
- Olive color
- Small in size
- Features zip-down work station
- Multiple interior storage pockets
- Many D-rings for Accessories
It’s smaller than many of the others, but it’s still large enough to hold plenty of gear and a medium-sized fly box. It features some of the heaviest duty zippers on the market to protect your sensitive things even under regular wear and tear. There are also several D rings that you can use for attaching various accessories.
The only downside comes about when it’s particularly hot or humid. The neck pad and shoulder pads, while comfortable, tend to seal in heat and cause you to sweat excessively. You’ll want to keep a cold bottle of water handy to prevent from overheating with this fishing fly vest.
- Zippers are heavy-duty
- The lining is mesh and durable
- Still large enough to fit a medium-sized fly box
- The neck pad is a little bulky
- Can make shoulders sweaty
It’s a durable, efficient fishing vest that’s a great pick for smaller folks.
$39.99 in stock
- A Real Vest to Hold Everything with Easy Access - with 17 exterior and interior pockets to hold all your gears, Gear attachment tabs, cord loops, D-ring net lash and hemostat keeper for various tools you may need on the water
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps for comfortable control of the weight for all day fishing on the water. The suspension structure spreads the weight to make you feel no weight of your gears. breathable fabric with mesh backing to keep the air going.comfortably cool in hot weather
- Two Main Molded Hard Drop Down Fly Benches with Replaceable Foam Insert for protecting your flies. Built in rod tube holder for easy rod holding
- One Size fits Most – Adjustable shoulder and waist strap design suspension structure to fit with most shapes and sizes. Only 24.5 oz weight for long day fishing.
- ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY and LifeTime Repairing Warranty - MAXCATCH as a professional fly fishing factory Since 2005, offer “No Hassle” warranty for all our gears for at least one year. If you are not 100% satisfied with our fishing tackle, you can return it in any time. And we also offer lifetime repairing for all Maxcatch gears.
This is more than a vest but also combines some elements of a fishing backpack.
- Comes as a combination vest and backpack
- No hassle warranty for all the gear for one year
- Plenty of zippered pockets
- Adjustable straps
- Only 24.5 ounces
It also comes with a large back pocket to turn it into a vest/backpack combo. This huge amount of storage space lets you lug all the gear you could imagine out to your ideal fishing spot without any hassle whatsoever. There’s also plenty of heavily zippered pockets for even more gear or for multiple fly boxes of variable sizes.
The straps are all adjustable and are built with excellent suspension structures to improve durability and comfort. The mesh backing is also really breathable and will prevent you from sweating too much. Make no mistake, this is a lot of gear for a single purchase, so those looking for lighter equipment will want to move on.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Lots of value in the purchase
- Mesh backing for comfort
- A bit bulky for some users
It’s a great choice for fishermen in the market for lots of storage space and who might also use a durable fishermans backpack.
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0745103750673|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 300; Length: 1280; Weight: 129; Width: 1000|
|Product Type Name||OUTERWEAR|
|Title||Lightbare Fly Fishing Vest for Men with Pockets for Trout Fishing Photography Army Green|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 745103750673|
The Lightbare is meant for those who spend lots of time in the hobby.
- Fast-drying mesh material
- Pads on the shoulders ensure comfort
- 18 pockets in total
- Adjustable suspension system
- D-Ring on the back for attaching a fishing net
- Wide reflector for low light conditions
- Knife lash tab
It has so many equipment loops and rings that you can practically take the gear of your buddies, as well. It has adjustable straps to ensure your comfort and is designed such that it should fit most men without too much trouble. The lightweight and breathable mesh fabric also dry really quickly.
But we would only really recommend this vest for fly fishing enthusiasts. It’s rather bulky despite the lightweight material and it has so many pockets that it would go to waste if you are only fly fishing in a casual sense. It’s designed for the pros above all.
- Lots of spots for a variety of equipment or survival needs
- Very versatile in its uses
- Easy to fit most male body types
- Most of the pockets are zippered
- Comfortable overall
- Bulky overall
- Too many pockets for casual fishing
With plenty of room and lots to like, the Lightbare is ideal for fishing aficionados.
$37.45 in stock
- FISHING VEST REINVENTED: Lightweight design provides you with 14-accessory pockets, ensuring you have everything you need when on the water, for maximum storage capacity.
- FISHING STRAP PACK: Zip-close front pockets hold up to 4 fly/tackle boxes—fishing strap pack measures, 16-inches long x 1-inch wide x 2-inches high.
- FLEXIBILITY ON THE WATER: A wide range of adjustments allows the Gallatin Strap Pack to fit users from size Small to XX-Large—with no back panel, the pack is cool in hot weather, improving on traditional fishing vests.
- COMFORTABILITY & SECURITY: Keep your pack secure & comfortable when in use with a padded, adjustable neck strap & waist strap—neck strap provides a large fishing net D-ring & is removable.
- FISHING GEAR: High-visibility lining & heavy-duty, molded zippers enable easy access to your fishing accessories, providing you additional security, while the bottom D-ring helps you attach your tippet spool holder & other accessories.
The Allen Gallatin is ideal for people on the smaller side.
- Lightweight design
- D-Ring included
- The neck strap is padded
- One size fits most
- Zip-closure front pockets
It features a few large pockets in the front and some extra zippered pockets on the interior of either breast segment. This design keeps things compact and lightweight without becoming bulky. The neck strap is nicely padded to improve your comfort.
This vest doesn’t dry super quickly due to the type of material it’s made of. But it’s very easy to attach on and off and adjust, so we’d recommend it for fly fishers who don’t like to spend tons of time getting their gear into place. With this vest, you can throw it on and head out the door in just seconds.
- Pockets have lots of storage space inside
- Easy to adjust
- Mostly comfortable due to its weight distribution
- Compact design is good for smaller folks
- Not a ton of storage space compared to vests with more pockets
- Doesn’t dry very quickly
It’s a capable fishing vest with enough space for most fly fishers, though a few will want a vest with more space.
- STAY HYDRDATED – Includes a 2 Liter water bladder so you can stay hydrated.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE - Keep your fishing gear and equipment well-organized and quickly within reach.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZING – Adjustable shoulder and waist straps for the perfect fit.
- COMFORTABLE – Breathable mesh back allows for air to flow freely so you can stay cool and dry.
This combines all the use of a traditional fly fishing vest with a useful water bladder hidden in the back.
- Comes with accessories, like a 2 L water bladder
- Adjustable for men and women
- Breathable mesh fabric
This is an ideal fly fishing vest for those who take extended expeditions to their favorite location. The addition of a water bladder means you can stay hydrated and enjoy your day for longer before returning home. There’s also a breathable mesh fabric to keep things relatively comfortable and prevent you from sweating.
Most of the pockets are zippered for safe storage of all your equipment or accessories. The only downside is that the shoulder straps are a little thin, so the pack might be a bit uncomfortable in that area, especially with a full water bladder.
- Very good for long hikes through the wilderness
- Comfortable for long durations
- The water bladder is easily accessible
- Most pockets are zippered
- Straps are thin
This fly fishing vest is excellent for those who forget to pack enough water frequently.
|Color||Fishing Vest with Water Bladder & Waterproof Phone Pouch|
|Item Dimensions||Weight: 176|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 550; Length: 1650; Weight: 200; Width: 1350|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Title||Piscifun Fishing Vest Backpack Adjustable Size Fly Fishing Vest Pack for Tackle and Gear Includes Water Bladder and Waterproof Phone Pouch|
The Piscifun is designed for hard-core fishing trips.
- Waterproof phone pouch
- 17 pockets in total
- Breathable mesh back
- Included water bladder
- Adjustable size up to 18 inches around the waist
- Sturdy buckles
It also incorporates a handy water bladder to keep you hydrated during longer expeditions. Unfortunately, the water bladder tube from which you suck out liquid is a bit cheap, so be careful when using it frequently. Curiously, the rest of the fly fishing vest is incredibly well put together.
Most of the vest is constructed from a breathable mesh or sturdy fabric. The vest is very breathable and uses super durable zippers and buckles to keep things secure without making your trip uncomfortable. You can adjust this vest up to 18 inches around the waist, and there are 17 pockets in total to keep all your gear organized.
- Incredibly durable for a fishing vest
- Protects both your gear and your phone capably
- Easy to adjust for a variety of body types
- Keeps the back cool and comfortable
- The water bladder is helpful for hydration
- Bladder tube is cheap
This fishing vest is a fantastic choice for those who don’t want to worry about their gear breaking in the middle of a fishing trip.
- Color: Sage
- Used for fishing
- Manufactured by Far banks
- 5-FM001341-0304 number 5-FM001341-0304
- Part of the Edington line of fly fishing products
The Redington Blackfoot is affordable and simple and ideal for short distance fly fishing expeditions.
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Mesh fabric is incredibly breathable
- Sage color
It’s great for fishers who like the classic look of old school vests. It comes in a Sage color and in multiple different sizes so you can pick whichever would fit best with your body. Each vest is made with a breathable mesh fabric that keeps things incredibly cool, so your odds of sweating up a storm are practically nonexistent.
It has several pockets, most of which can be totally sealed to prevent water from leaking in and damaging items inside. It doesn’t have quite as much storage space as many other vests, but it’s a good choice for fly fishers that don’t carry a ton of equipment with them or who aren’t traveling very far.
- Keeps things very cool in temperature
- Dries quickly since there isn’t a lot of fabric
- Most pockets have zippers
- Not as much storage space as some other vests
- Not super adjustable
The Redington is simple in design and lightweight are sure to appeal to casual fly fishers.
Overall, your unique needs will direct you toward the best fly fishing vest. Try to consider how many pockets you need or if you need any hooks or D-rings for carrying extra equipment. Don’t forget to consider adjustability and comfort when selecting your ideal fly fishing vest, either.
Visit the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more expert information and guides.
Best Fly Fishing Vest
Check out our ratings of the best fly fishing vests available
- Bassdash Strap
- Allen Bear Creek
- Maximum Catch
- Allen Gallatin
- Redington Blackfoot