Are you unsure about what exactly qualifies as the best hot tub steps? Maybe your idea of this purchase are hot tub steps with handrail functionality. Or, maybe you can just take one step up, lean against the rim and plop right in the steaming water.
Make sure to find hot tub steps that work for your straight-backed hot tub or your curvy hot tub. Luckily some hot tub steps are universal to use for either/or. Before completing the purchase though, make sure that these hot tub steps work for your weight. It’s not just a matter of making sure they can hold up to heavier weights; there’s also the matter of steps that don’t do well for lighter weights.
As with all reviews, no one product is perfect. But pay attention to steps that appear to flip too easily. Do you need to purchase (extra) rubber feet to decrease this? Or, maybe you need to keep it indoors or outdoors? Each set of steps are different so make sure to read their specifications, along with these reviews, to get a better idea of them before you choose.
Best Hot Tub Steps
Byron Originals SureStep II
- Upgrade Version Mouse Trap: Botaro flip and slide mouse trap is a new lid design that can catch mice and rats by the counterweight. When a rat is caught, the 2 platforms will auto-reset to catch others. The durable rat trap combines with a standard size bucket that can hold multiple rats and mice.
- Easy to Use: The multi-catch mouse trap bucket is easy to use, just put it into a standard size bucket and wait for the results. These rat and mouse traps are reusable, no mess, hygienic, and easy to clean. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, such as in a garage, basement, shed, kitchen, and more.
- Safe Choice for Your Family. Botaro automatic reset rat trap bucket is non-toxic, no poison bait such as peanut butter, it functions without glue or any chemical. No-touch the mouse and no risk of disease, the trap is safe around children and pets.
- Humane Rat Trap: No spring-loaded, no electricity, no killing, these mouse traps indoor are humane to mice. Designed with the intention of catching and releasing style, you do not have to kill them if you do not want to.
- Excellent Customer Service: Our product is reusable and environmentally friendly. Customer satisfaction is our greatest goal, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message, we will help you resolve the problem within 24 hours.
Sure, you can buy the first flimsy set of steps that give you from Point A to Point B, but why not find attractive spa steps that are durable?
- Dark grey
- Engineered to maximize strength and durability
- 24 x 34 inches (depth), 14 x 27 inches (outside)
This step stool has a rugged, attractive design and can work for a variety of hot tub spa edges.
- Accommodates both round and rectangular spas
- Environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Warranty policy is unclear
- Not overly heavy but not a quick pick-up (16 pounds)
Buy them and set them up in a matter of seconds. Unlike other hot tub steps, these aren’t overly involved to use.
$189.99 in stock
- Flip away tread reveals removable storage compartment
- Keeps spa accessories handy; 300-lb weight capacity
- Generously sized: 3-ft wide; 2-step design
- Constructed of maintenance-free resin
- Color may vary slightly from the picture
These storage spa steps aren’t just made for you to step in and step out of a comfortable hot tub to relax in. You can reach right over and pull supplies out from these hot tub steps with storage options.
- 24 x 36 x 15 inches
- Flip-away tread
- 2-step design
These gray stairs are made from maintenance-free resin. Although it’s rare that you’ll have to pick the steps up, they weigh 25 pounds, which is neither too heavy nor too light. They should be heavy enough to not move when stepping your full weight on them with a maximum of 300 pounds.
- Removable storage compartment
- Several users confirmed installation is fairly simple to complete
- Grey color (or redwood) may not mirror the digital image
- Not lockable (so do not store dangerous chemicals within reach of children or pets)
These steps are covered by a one-year warranty.
Leisure Accents Confer
$133.99 in stock
- COMPLIMENTS ANY SPA: The Confer Leisure Accents Spa Steps have an attractive 2 tone color scheme of redwood and black giving a finished and complimenting look to any spa
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Constructed with blow-molded plastic, this material sustains weight, impact, and harsh weather, making them a welcomed indoor and outdoor presence.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Snaps together easily, absolutely no hardware needed
- SAFETY FEATURES: The non-skid tread prevents slipping, even when the stairs are wet
- DIMENSIONS: (L x W x H): 36 x 24 x 14 inches
If you cannot decide which color you want your hot tub steps to be, save yourself one choice among many. Enjoy these two-tone steps instead.
- Available in three color combinations: gray/beige, portobello/beige, redwood/black
- 36 x 24 x 14 inches
- Blow-molded plastic
These steps can sustain your weight, impact, and harsh weather both indoors and outdoors. If you’re not someone who enjoys do-it-yourself projects, you’ll be happy to know these snap together easily and have no hardware needed.
- Weather resistant
- Non-skid tread prevents slipping when steps are wet
- Refund/warranty policy is unclear
- One user was wary of them easily tipping (although the manufacturer’s literature says it can hold approximately 300 pounds)
These steps, which are lightweight and durable, should be maintenance free, too.
Acacia Hardwood Step Stool
- Highest quality build with utmost quality control standards!
- No Assembly Required- Ships as a Single Piece! Premium quality welded steel and hardwood!
- Dimensions: 18" Wide x 16" Deep x 15" High
- Versatile functionality as a step stool, bed steps, plant stand or accent storage (INDOOR USE)
- This is a decorative piece of furniture that pairs with our bedroom nightstands, side tables and c-tables
These steps can be used for a number of purposes, but just make sure these are used indoors only.
- Ships as a single piece
- Premium quality welded steel
This step stool (18 x 16 x 15 inches) is versatile enough to be a step stool, bed steps, a plant stand or accent storage. Acacia wood furniture is some of the highest quality wood products on the market.
- No assembly required
- Premium materials for heavy-duty use
- Several users challenged its sturdiness, one saying it flipped over and another reporting it didn’t stand up to its 600-pound maximum weight
- No rubber supports on the bottom of the stool
If you really want to shop around, you can also consider this brand’s nightstands, side tables and C-tables. However, the refund and/or replacement policy for these steps is unclear, so before getting matching furniture, make sure the steps are ideal for your needs.
- Steps feature slip-resistant grooves for safe climbing when wet
- This versatile step can be taken and used almost anywhere, including your garage, home, camping RV, and more
- Newly designed step can be used with either straight or curved spas
- Step is super easy to assemble - snaps together with no tools or hardware needed
- Lightweight yet super strong step is the perfect addition to any spa, hot tub or pool
Use these multi-purpose steps in your spa tub, pool, RV campers and/or garage.
- Available in three colors (mocha, white, gray)
- Two-pack purchase (optional)
- 5 x 27.75 x 13.5 inches
These steps should be fairly easy to assemble. Just snap into place without the extra hardware or tools needed for other types of steps.
- Slip-resistant grooves
- Can be used with either straight or curved spas
- Return and/or replacement policy unclear
- One buyer used a drill to keep steps from floating around
These lightweight steps don’t have rubber bottoms so be careful when climbing these hot tub steps. If this is a deal-breaker for you and you like the steps, you could always order them as attachments though.
Puri Tech Universal
- Universal Fit: Made to use with spa any shape or size. This step compliments almost every spa.
- No Slip Tread: No slip treads are installed on every step to help repel water and prevent falls or slips.
- High Quality: Each step is protected from UV Rays to for years without maintenance
- T-Lock Install: Steps lock into place for extra stability
- Available in Three Colors: Dark Grey with Black, Espresso with Black, or Black
These multi-purpose hot tub steps are made to use for any shape or size of a hot tub.
- Protected from UV rays
- T-Lock install
- Available in two colors (dark grey with black, espresso with black)
These steps, which repel water, should be able to withstand hot-weather wear and tear for years to come without extra maintenance.
- No-slip treads installed on every step
- Repels water; prevents falls and slips
- Refund and/or replacement policy is not clear
- Lined steps that may collect debris
A user said the steps held a 230-pound man without flexing, so expect that its durability should hold up.
Edge Spa Step
$119.99 in stock
- Enter your spa with comfort, with this lightweight step. For use outside of the spa only.
- Hardware free assembly. Construction is literally just a few snaps and you have a beautiful step for your spa
- Oversized slip-resistant treads
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 40″ wide, 23″ deep, 16″ high
Intended for use outside of the spa only, a few snaps should set these plastic edge steps in place for you to immediately dive into your hot tub.
- Coffee color
- Oversized slip-resistant treads
- Supports up to 300 pounds
These spa steps (40 x 23 x 16 inches) are coffee-colored, but the treads are available in black, deep grey, espresso and coffee with black sidewalls.
- Hardware-free assembly
- Return policy is unclear
- One user scaled the bottom of his foot trying to step on top of the first step
As with any outdoor steps, especially ones that are not UV resistant, keep in shaded areas when not in use. They may be too hot to easily step on and off of otherwise.
- Sturdy, economical spa side step
- Maintenance Free blow-molded plastic.
- Textured tread design for added peace of mind.
- Reversible treads for use with round or square spas.
- Assembles in seconds. assembled step are 31" side to side, 23" front to back, and 16" tall
These maintenance-free, blow-molded plastic steps could be the perfect add-on for the climb inside of your hot tub.
- Textured tread design
- 31 x 23 x 16 inches
- Solid, stable platform
While these steps are not overly fancy, the rock-like material is intended to be sturdy, reliable and easy to move around on.
- Reversible treads for use with round or square spa shapes
- Assembles in seconds
- Clean carefully, dirt and debris may collect in engraving
- May wobble, depending on weight
If you need to move the steps from room to room, whether for indoor or outdoor use, they’re fairly easy to pick up at only 15 pounds.
Depending on the height and weight of the buyer, hot tub steps may or may not be necessary for your tub. If you’re someone who can just step right into the tub, they may not be needed for you. But chances are pretty high that you’ll want company in the hot tub at some point and time. And unless all of you (or the two of you) can just jump right in, don’t skip out on the hot tub steps.
Even if you don’t use them all the time, as long as you can use them enough to get your money’s worth, it couldn’t hurt. Depending on the weight of the steps, you can use them inside or outside the hot tub. (You may need a drill to keep them in place, in case you end up with a floater.)
For lower-priced versions, pay attention to whether the steps are durable, depending on weight. If you feel yourself slipping around, you’re better off purchasing non-resistant rubber slips ahead of time before risk of injury.
For non-maintenance steps, still make sure to give them a good spray and wipe in between uses. This will eliminate the risk of debris and/or dust getting in between the crevices of engraved plastic and help to maintain the longevity of each set of steps. In the meantime, climb in, sit back and relax.
Visit the OutdoorWorld Review homepage for more expert reviews!
Hot Tub Steps
Choosing the best steps for your hot tub is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Byron Originals SureStep II
- Confer Plastics
- Leisure Accents Confer
- Acacia Hardwood Step Stool
- XtremepouwerUS Lightweight
- Puri Tech Universal
- Edge Spa Step
- Pooline Economical