Snorkeling is a great activity, especially for kids. They love the novelty of breathing underwater, and seeing fish and aquatic plants will also give them a kick. Best of all, snorkeling is an activity the whole family can enjoy.
Of course, you’re going to need the right gear, and this article is designed to help you choose the best kids snorkel set.
Some kids can wear snorkeling gear made for adults, but younger, smaller kids need something made especially for them. And there are lots of models to choose from.
To help you with your decision, we’ve tried, tested, and reviewed the most popular kids snorkel sets to make narrowing down your purchase a whole lot easier.
We’ve included a range of styles across all budgets, so you should be able to find the right snorkel set for your kids.
Whether you are looking for a set for your next vacation, or you live near the water and want to use it regularly, we’ve got the best set for you!
Best Kids Snorkel Set
Mares Head Sea Pals Set
$44.95 in stock
- Junior / youth sizing, Includes mask, snorkel, fins and carry bag
- Siliter mouth piece offers a comfortable fit thatââ‚¬s easy to swim with
- Compact dry top design guards against splashing, even when submerged
- Easy exhale for easy purging and clearing of water
- Quick release system disconnects strap without altering custom adjustments
A lot of the time, snorkeling gear for kids is the same as adult snorkeling gear but smaller. This set from Mares bucks that trend by being really fun and cute. It’s perfect for kids of all ages!
- Animal-themed carry bag
- Easy to adjust mask
- Dry top snorkel with purge valve
- Clip-on snorkel for easy attachment to mask
- Silicone lined fins with easy to adjust straps
- Available in nine designs and two sizes
With lots of designs to choose from, kids will love this easy to use snorkel set. Parents will love them too because they can buy a different set for each child for easier identification. Comfortable to wear and easy to use, this is the ideal youth snorkel set.
- Great-looking designs
- Good quality mask, snorkel, and fins
- Range of sizes and colors available
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate snorkelers
- Quite expensive
This snorkel set is excellent quality, and that’s reflected in the price. It’s for kids who actually want and can already swim underwater, rather than being just a toy. If your kid loves to snorkel or wants to learn how to do it properly, this could be the product to choose.
$54.95 in stock
- The Rocks Kids Set is Cressi's answer to price-conscious parents who need reliable snorkel equipment for their kid for vacation use. We offer the solution for adventurous kids who need decent quality for all-day use in the pool or the ocean.
- The Mask is made with tempered glass lenses and adjustable buckles for easy adjustments. The Snorkel comes with a splash guard to prevent water entering.
- The set includes stylish, colored short fins with adjustable straps for a comfortable fit.
- In the box: mask, snorkel, pair of fins, net bag.
- The product is designed in Italy by Cressi and made in China. Cressi has been a brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling, and swimming equipment since 1946.
Cressi is a well-known diving equipment manufacturer from Italy. They make good quality gear for adults and kids alike. This diving set is colorful, comfortable, and easy to use, making it ideal for junior divers.
- Tough, scratch-resistant tempered glass mask lenses
- Silicone mask skirt for comfort and a better seal against water
- Flexible snorkel with purge valve and splash guard to keep water out
- Adjustable open-heel fins for easy donning and removal
- Supplied with a net bag for storage and drainage
- Mask and fins are adjustable to allow for growth
The Cressi Junior Snorkeling Kit looks and performs like a set made for adults. It’s just smaller. Available in three sizes and eight color-coordinated styles, these sets look as good as they perform.
- Very good quality set
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Some users report that the snorkel mouthpiece is uncomfortable
Snorkels and masks don’t always fit perfectly. This is not a design flaw; kids’ faces and mouths are often different shapes. Because of this, even with a quality brand like Cressi, it’s usually best to try before you buy. That said, this is an excellent product.
2 used from $36.54
- ALL AGES — XXS size available for kids and youth.
- EASY DRY TOP SNORKEL – Dry top splash guard and purge valve keep water out of the tube.
- COMPACT FINS — 16 inch short fins with open foot pocket are great for travel.
- PANORAMIC VIEWS – Single lens tempered glass mask resists scratches from sand.
- TRAVEL CONVENIENTLY – Fully packed set of 4 items measures 17 x 11 x 7 inches and weighs 2 pounds.
Kids are easily distracted, and that means, when snorkeling, it’s all too easy for them to dive a little too deep and suck in a mouthful of water. This set from Seavenger features a dry snorkel that stops water from entering the tube, making for a safer and more enjoyable swim.
- Scratch-resistant tempered glass mask with silicone skirt
- Flexible dry top snorkel with a secondary purge valve
- Easy to adjust rigid fins with open heels
- Available in 13 colors and three sizes
- Supplied with a fast-drying gear bag
There’s nothing worse than a foggy mask when snorkeling. This set features a tempered glass lens, which is not just more scratch-resistant than plastic, it’s also less prone to fogging. Visibility is even better with glass lenses.
- Ideal for travel
- Good range of sizes and colors
- Fins are quite short
This snorkel set is supplied with short reef fins, rather than longer open water fins. That means they don’t provide as much thrust. That said, shorter fins are better for travel as they take up less space in your case.
Intex Surf Rider Youth
- Discover what the ocean has hiding!
- Surf Rider mask
- Free-flo snorkel
- Mask features polycarbonate lenses offering increased safety without sacrificing vision quality
- Hypoallergenic rubber skirt on mask is adjustable while providing comfort and durability
Snorkel sets can be expensive. And kids are not always careful with their possessions, so they could easily lose theirs. This well-priced set is ideal for beginners, kids prone to losing things, and those kids who aren’t quite sure if they’ll enjoy snorkeling. It’s an adult set, but ideal for older kids.
- Two-piece polycarbonate lens
- Hypoallergenic rubber skirt for mask comfort
- Simple free-flow snorkel with a dry top and flexible mouthpiece
This diving set has everything you need for your first snorkeling experience. It’s very well-priced, so perfect for kids who aren’t sure they want to snorkel regularly. It’s made with cheaper materials, so it won’t be as hardwearing as a glass and silicone mask, but it’s certainly good enough to have fun with!
- Hypoallergenic materials
- Easy to adjust and use
- No fins included
For some users, not having fins in this set will be a real disadvantage. But, if you’ve never snorkeled before, fins can actually be an impediment. The simplicity of this set, plus the great price, means this is a good product for newbies. It’s a little on the large side for kids but is ideal for youths.
HEAD by Mares
- Snorkel Set
If your child loves to snorkel and is lucky enough to go regularly, they’ll really appreciate a good diving set. This product has everything your kid needs to have fun in the water, and it’s great quality so it should last for years.
- Tempered glass mask with silicone skirt and wide, comfortable strap
- Dry top snorkel with bottom purge valve and built-in safety whistle
- Open-heel adjustable fins with vented fin blades
- Available in six sizes and four colors
- Supplied with a high-quality storage bag
This high-quality snorkel set is all-but identical to an adult set, just smaller! The mask visibility is superb, and glass is much less likely to scratch and fog up. The fins are powerful and comfortable. All in all, this is an excellent kids’ snorkeling set.
- High-quality components
- Made to last
- Very comfortable and easy to use
- Ideal for regular use
- Good range of colors and sizes
- Quite expensive
When it comes to snorkeling sets, you get what you pay for. This is a high-quality product, so it is a little more expensive. But, given it should provide years of use, it’s actually a bit of a bargain. You could buy cheaper, but then you’ll probably have to replace your purchase several times over.
- 【PROTECTION & CLEAR VISION】-Supertrip Kids Snorkel Set is made of tempered glass lenses can resist scratching & withstand deep-water pressures and resistant to break. The kids snorkel mask provides 180° wider clear vision and brings children a interesting diving experience.
- 【NO LEAKING】-This Childrens Snorkeling Set push button buckle for easy strap adjustments,fit a range of children's faces. The diving mask’s skirt is designed with soft and flexible silicone, creates a watertight seal with the diver's face.Comfortable and no leaking.
- 【SAFE MATERIAL】-The Kids Snorkeling Mask skirt is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone.Designed to fit a wide range of facial profile enough to make boys and girls comfortable when diving or snokeling.
- 【TOP DRY SNORKEL】-Supertrip Kids Dry Snorkel Set use the most stable dry floating valve design, can eliminate water entry when submerged.Silicone Mouthpiece made of Food grade material,safe and non-toxic.Easy to operate, it is the best choice for children and younth.
- 【CUSTOMER ORIENTED SERVICE】-All Supertrip kids scuba diving goggles are designed for both boys and girls,including adults with small faces. This mask and snorkel set kids includes 1 mesh bag and 1 earplugs. We put customer satisfaction as our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. THANK YOU!
This kids’ snorkel set is designed for boys and girls and will probably fit small adults too. It comes with a mask, snorkel, earplugs, and a mesh bag, so you’ve got everything you need to try snorkeling. Made in China, this is a good product that is also well-priced.
- Twin tempered glass lenses
- Silicone skirt for comfort and fewer leaks
- Easy to adjust silicone head strap
- Flexible dry top snorkel tube with a secondary purge valve
- Food-grade silicone mouthpiece for comfort
- Available in four colors
This is a small-sized mask designed to fit kids from 4-13 years of age. That’s quite a big range, so you should measure your child’s features to make sure this mask will fit. If it fits well, this set should provide your kid with a couple of years of enjoyable snorkeling.
- Good-quality materials
- Easy to adjust and comfortable to use
- Nice range of colors
- Only available in one size
It would be useful is this set was available in a range of sizes, as one size will definitely not fit all. But, if it doesn’t fit, you can just return it for a full refund. That said, this mask has features usually only found on more expensive models, so if it DOES fit, you’ll have snagged yourself a bargain!
QingSong Full Face
$25.99 in stock
6 used from $21.74
- FULL FACE SNORKEL MASK FOR KIDS: Be made of hard PC, snorkel mask kids anti fog is non-toxic and odourless; wrapped by soft and thick silicone, it protects your safety and won’t make you headache for longtime wearing; free breath, full face design allows you to breath comfortably through nose and mouth during snorkeling it's safe for kids to use.
- 180 PANORAMIC VIEW: Our kids snorkel mask adopts transparent flat lenses that do not distort your view underwater, eliminating any dizziness or discomfort. makes it easier to have a 180 panoramic wide view and can open up a new world of underwater adventure for kids.
- NICE GIFT TO KIDS: Our kids snorkeling set is easier to use than traditional diving mask, It is extremely suitable for beginners and children, even for inexperienced swimmers, this swimming mask will make a great fit. Additional removable motion camera brackets allow kids to easily capture their adventures, bring more fun to children.
- ANTI-FOG & ANTI-LEAK: Separate inhaling and exhaling channels stop the top snorkel mask from fogging up, and anti-fog coating on the lens and anti-fog inserts guarantees anti-fog effect; advanced leak-proof silicone sealing mask with floating ball prevents water from entering in mask, better for kids to enjoy the snorkeling time.
- AFTER SALES SERVICE: As long as you are our customers, since the day you buy QingSong snorkel mask. We will provide 24-hour uninterrupted service. We sincerelly believe we will bring the customers the most satisfied buying experience.
Some kids struggle to breathe through their mouths with a snorkel. It feels unnatural. With this mask, your nose and mouth are both enclosed, so you can breathe naturally, and without an uncomfortable mouthpiece between your teeth. Because of this, it’s perfect for beginners and kids who are nervous of the water.
- Detachable breathing tube for easier transport
- 180-degree panoramic view
- Nose and mouth enclosed within the mask for natural breathing
- Anti-fog lens
- Dry top snorkel
- Built-in action camera mount
- Earplugs included
- Silicone skirt for comfort and anti-leaking
- Available in six colors
Looking not unlike a fighter pilot or firefighter’s mask, this product is a real alternative to the more traditional mask and snorkel set up. Comfortable and easy to use, if your child is not happy using a snorkel, this may be your next best option.
- Comfortable and very easy to use
- Ideal for beginners and more nervous swimmers
- Must fit properly to work
While this product should be straightforward to use, to work correctly, it MUST fit right. Measure your kid’s features and test on dry land before using it in water. If it leaks, water won’t just bother your eyes, it will also make it impossible to breathe.
$22.50 in stock
4 used from $14.65
- G.O. FIT System: Get full coverage and comfort with the mask fit
- Designed for smaller, younger swimmers
- One window polycarbonate lens mask with adjustable head strap
- Silicone mouth piece
- Kids Size – fits most children 3-8 years old
Speedo has a reputation for making good-quality swimming gear, something they have been doing for many years. This three-piece snorkeling set is designed for kids aged 3-8 and has everything a child needs for an enjoyable snorkeling experience.
- Polycarbonate lens mask with flexible silicone skirt
- Free flow snorkel with flexible silicone mouthpiece
- Open-heel fins with adjustable straps
- Available in three colors
The skirt on the mask in this set is quite wide to ensure that it provides a good, watertight seal. Apart from that, this is a very no-frills snorkeling set, and the snorkel itself doesn’t even feature a purge valve or dry top. However, this IS a basic product, and that’s reflected in the low price
- Competitively priced
- Suitable for boys and girls
- Reasonable quality for the money
- Some users report that both the mask and fins were quite hard and uncomfortable
For the price, this snorkel set is tough to beat, but it may not suit all users. Some had no issues with fit or comfort, while others were less impressed. The only option is to buy it and try it to make up your own mind. If it fits your child, this set is a winner!
Hieha Full Face
Full-face snorkel masks are not new, but they’re seeing a resurgence in popularity at the moment. With no awkward mouthpieces to use, and the fact you can also breathe through your nose, they’re popular with kids and ideal for those who are a little nervous of the water. This mask even has a detachable action mount!
- Dry top foldable/removable snorkel tube
- 180-degree panoramic shatter-proof face mask
- Anti-fogging system
- Fully adjustable harness for a secure fit
- Sport camera mount on the top of the mask
- Available in two sizes and four colors
- Supplied with color-matched earplugs
- 18-month warranty
This mask cleverly directs exhaled air out and away from the mask lens, reducing the chances of fogging up. It’s very comfortable and provides excellent visibility. Plus, with the action camera mount, your child will also be able to record all their underwater adventures.
- Easy to use
- Very comfortable
- Ideal for nervous swimmers
- Excellent warranty
- Must be fitted properly to work
Make sure you measure your child’s face to ensure you get the right size for this mask. If it doesn’t fit right, it will not work. With that warning out of the way, this is a fun product that kids will love to use and will provide a perfect introduction to snorkeling.
Any time spent snorkeling should be a lot of fun, but if your mask or snorkel is uncomfortable, lets in water, or if your mask fogs up all the time, it can turn into a nightmare.
The good news is that the products reviewed in this article are all excellent quality and should provide an enjoyable snorkeling experience. However, and especially for kids, you MUST make sure the mask fits properly. If it’s too big, too small, or too tight, it’s much more likely to leak, and that’s no one’s idea of fun.
There are some very different products to choose from in this article, and they’re all good options. Some are ideal for older kids and those who already have some snorkeling experience, while others, like the all-in-one mask/snorkel combos, are perfect for beginners.
Which one is right for your child? It depends on your budget and how confident a swimmer your child is. But, whichever one you choose, your kid is going to LOVE it. Breathing underwater? How cool is that!
Kids Snorkel Set
Choosing the best kids snorkel set is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Mares Head Sea Pals Set
- Cressi Rocks
- Seavenger Diving
- Intex Surf Rider Youth
- HEAD by Mares
- QingSong Full Face
- Speedo Unisex
- Hieha Full Face