If you’ve gotten your hands on the new M&P firearm, you’d be smart to pair your new purchase with a great night sight. Some of the best M&P shield night sights can be mounted right on your firearm shield for easy target acquisition and convenient placement.
M&P shield sights are ideally placed for maximum effectiveness without compromising the grip or balance of the weapon. They allow you to maintain your firing discipline and accuracy without having to learn the feel of the weapon all over again.
Most shield night sights use tritium to glow even in low light conditions, while a few use a focused laser to accomplish the same goal. Others have sights with variable colors depending on preference or design. Which are the best?
We’ll help you find the best night sight for your M&P shield. In this guide, we’ll explain each of the top online choices along with any cons. Let’s get into it.
Best M&P Shield Night Sights
$57.99 in stock
- DAY & NIGHT SIGHTS - When the lights go out, your sidearm doesn't need to be left in the dark; The TruGlo Tritium Handgun Sights transition from white dots during the daylight, to glowing green dots for superior visibility in low-light conditions
- HIGH VISIBILITY - These Glowing Gun Sights feature Swiss Tritium elements that provide a bright and consistent glow, along with an excellent sight picture in low light or even complete darkness; Tritium does not require batteries or any light exposure
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - You're on the go and count on your handgun to be rugged and reliable; Your gun sights should be held to the same standard - which is why TruGlo Night Sights are machined from solid steel and treated with a Fortress Finish
- SNAG-FREE DESIGN - Durable and reliable, the Tritium Sights for Handguns have a smooth and snag-resistant design that won't catch on clothing and fits standard holsters; These compact-sized Gun Sights are perfect for fast target acquisition
- COMPATIBILITY - Increase accuracy with the TruGlo Front & Rear Sights; This Sight Set is compatible with Smith & Wesson M&P Series (including Shield, M2.0, & .22 models; excluding .22 Compact, EZ Series, & C.O.R.E.), SD9 & SD40 (excluding VE models)
This sight set uses contrasting colors and durability to great effect.
- CNC-machined steel
- Finished coating
- Two colors for sights
This sight glows in the dark without any need for batteries or light exposure thanks to the tritium contained within its sight dots. The dots actually change color depending on the light exposure; during the day they will glow white to improve dot visibility and during the night they’ll glow green to maximize contrast.
The sight is made from tough CNC-machined steel, which also uses the same Fortress finish discussed above. This finish helps keep the sight working for years to come and prevents it from snagging easily in holsters or on clothing, so feel free to use a tight holster if that suits your preferences.
Finally, the sight comes with a 12-year limited warranty, providing excellent value for money. This is doubly true considering its low asking price.
- Great warranty
- Durable and long-lasting
- Dual sight colors depending on light levels
- May require gunsmith for ideal fitting
This is a long-lasting sight that’s perfect for those on a budget.
3 used from $100.14
- Designed to securely attach to M&P Shield 40/Shield 9 specifically
- Ultra lightweight and compact
- Batteries can be replaced while light remains mounted on gun
- No need to re-sight laser after battery change
- Windage and elevation adjustment screws mounted in brass bushings for long life and dependable zero retention of laser
This is a laser sight that shows you exactly where your round will go.
- Uses shield-mounted laser to provide target acquisition
- 3 modes
This sight is mounted right onto your M&P shield and utilizes a 640-660nm red laser to provide optimal target acquisition assistance. This laser allows you to accurately gauge distance and follow a moving target even in darkness or low light conditions.
The laser is made brighter with the help of a parabolic reflector. This reflector balances the beam and peripheral illumination so that the laser is consistently bright and visible even if your surroundings are not totally dark.
The sight has even greater value since it has an ambidextrous switch. Left-handed or right-handed shooters can access all three modes of the laser in just seconds. You can easily switch the mode in a high-stakes situation without having to fumble your web.
It uses batteries for operation but they can be replaced easily with a light that’s mounted on a standard M&P. The only downside to the sight is that you may accidentally cause harm to someone’s eyes if they look directly into the laser. As this is rare and would require poor gun safety to accomplish, it’s only a minor con among a plethora of benefits.
- Excellent visibility in day or nighttime
- Three modes for laser power
- Ambidextrous mode switch
- Easy battery replacement
- Laser is potentially harmful size
It’s the ideal laser sight for those who want some extra assistance and certainty for where their round will land.
$71.79 in stock
1 used from $87.00
- FASTER TARGET ACQUISITION - The better you can see your handgun sight, the better you can shoot; The TruGlo TFO Night Sight, compatible with Smith & Wesson Handguns, is perfect for high visibility and faster target acquisition no matter the lightning
- MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS - Whether you shoot in daylight or in complete darkness, this compact Gun Sight gathers all existing light and holds it tight for unmatched visibility; In addition, concealed fiber cannot be seen by the target
- UNMATCHED VISIBILITY - The TruGlo combination of glow-in-dark Swiss Tritium and Fiber-Optic elements provides consistently bright picture in all conditions; The TFO technology ensures 24-hour visibility and doesn't require batteries or light exposure
- SNAG-FREE DESIGN - Made of CNC-machined steel and protected with a Nitride Fortress Finish, this durable TFO Glowing Sight is going to last for a long time; The snag-resistant design won't catch on clothing and fits standard holsters
- COMPATIBILITY - The TFO Green Front & Green Rear Sight is compatible with Smith & Wesson M&P Series (including Shield, M2.0, & .22 models; excluding .22 Compact, EZ Series, & C.O.R.E.), SD9 & SD40 (Excluding VE models)
This sight provides fantastic visibility and good durability all in one.
- Finished coating
- Square shape sight
- Green front sight, yellow or green backsight
The sight allows for virtually unmatched visibility in any shooting condition. It glows in the dark so you can easily follow its borders to find your target in low-light conditions. You get to choose between green or yellow fibers for the rear right depending on your preferences.
Yellow is often better for contrasting with the green front sights, but the ultimate choice is yours. Although the lights are bright up close, they’re not so visible as to make you noticeable by your target during nighttime hunting exercises.
The sight is made of CNC-machined steel that has a Fortress Finish coating to improve protection and durability over time. It’s also snag-resistant so it’s great no matter how small your holster is. The compact size keeps the aesthetic and usability of your M&P intact while providing the benefits of versatility.
- Can choose yellow rear sight for visibility
- Sizing/Fitting may need gunsmith assistance
This is an ideal choice for a versatile, compact sight for those who have snug holsters.
- WHITE RINGS: Bright & Tough Night Sights feature a white ring around the glowing dots for daylight visibility
- TRITIUM-PHOSPHOR LAMP: Tritium-filled glass lamp provides superior illumination in no light or low light settings
- SAPPHIRE WINDOW: Each Trijicon tritium lamp is capped with a sapphire jewel which helps to evenly distribute the light from the tritium lamp as well as protect it from solvents and puncture
- PROTECTIVE ALUMINUM CYLINDERS: Contains and protects the tritium gas filled lamps from heavy recoil and harsh cleaning solvents
- FITS SMITH & WESSON MODELS: M&P SHIELD .40, .45, & 9mm
This set is durable and offers a few color choices for its tritium.
- Bright white rings
- Protective aluminum around lamps
- Color choices
This sight uses white rings around the glowing dots. This maximizes daytime visibility while still providing great nighttime assistance. The white rings are bright enough to be used in any lighting condition, although the color will require some getting used to for many people.
The tritium-phosphor lamp provides excellent luminosity for the rings, and each lamp is capped by a sapphire jewel. This distributes the light evenly as well as protect the tritium from being punctured or suffering other damage.
The lamps are also protected by aluminum cylinders. This improves the sight’s durability and lets you use it in rough conditions without worrying about it lasting for a solid lifespan.
You can choose between green, yellow, or orange rear lamps for contrast depending on your preference. You can also choose between the same colors for your front lamps; contrasting colors are recommended for greater accuracy.
- Lets you choose your own colors
- Lamps provide exceptional luminosity in daytime conditions
- Sight surfaces are scratched easily
Choose this sight if you’re worried about sight durability and like to customize.
$104.79 in stock
- DAY & NIGHT SIGHT - Upgrade your handgun with the Truglo TFX PRO Sight, specially designed for professional shooters; This Glowing Gun Sight combines a fiber-optic and a tritium vial in a patented capsule, providing ultimate reliability and accuracy
- UNMATCHED VISIBILITY - Featuring a compact snag-free design and longer sight radius, the Truglo Night Sight also provides maximum brightness; This Handgun Sight glows in the dark and does not require the use of batteries or light exposure
- FOCUS LOCK - This Truglo TFX PRO Glow Sight for handguns fits standard holsters and features a high contrast orange Focus Lock front ring, which ensures fast and accurate shooting; In addition, the concealed fiber cannot be seen by the target
- SHOCK-RESISTANT CAPSULE - The TFX PRO Night Sight for handgun has a patented hermetically-sealed and virtually indestructible TFX capsule; With the Swiss tritium combined with bright fiber-optics, the TFX Pro Handgun Sight is always bright-ready 24/7
- FORTRESS FINISH - The shock-resistant Gun Sight is impervious to oils, chemicals, cleaning solvents, and ultra-sonic cleaning processes; Moreover, the CNC-machined steel body is protected with a rust-resistant Fortress Finish, providing maximum durability
This sight set is super durable and well worth the price.
- Has chemical and shock-resistant casing
- CNC-machined steel
This sight is pricey but well worth it. It’s made of high-quality CNC-machined steel, protected with a rust-proof finish. This finish will extend the life span of the sight and allow you to use it for many years to come. The front fiber sight uses a highly visible white ring that improves daytime visibility when lighting conditions are optimal.
During the nighttime, the sight is still incredibly visible and is green instead to provide excellent contrast.
The aiming elements are encased in a chemical and shock-resistant capsule. That means that the sight can be relied on to still function even after heavy use in forested or weathered conditions. You can easily take this on a hunting expedition and get it quite dirty and everything will still work fine.
- Super durable
- Bright white rings
Grab this sight set if you need a tough component to last for years to come.
- AmeriGlo, Sights/Lasers/Lights
This set is durable and visible in all light conditions.
- Tough casing
- Bright orange ring
This sight is a set with a green tritium lamp set at the front. This improves nighttime visibility and contrasts clearly with the color of the sight and the rest of your firearm. The rear tritium lamp is centered and below the rear sight notch for optimal positioning and sighting.
It’s a perfect sight set for obtaining your target while retaining rear illumination. This ideal setup is perfect for nighttime shooting and target acquisition.
The ring is colored orange for maximum contrast with the green illuminating chemicals. This ensures that you’ll be able to pick out your targeting implements clearly and quickly, even if you’re trying to target a fast-moving creature.
Like many of these sights, the fitting is very tight and will likely require the assistance of a gunsmith to ensure proper fitting. This adds a bit of extra expense to the lifetime cost of the sight, but given the reasonable asking price, this isn’t too much of a flaw.
- Good sight positioning
- Excellent visibility
- Tight fit may need gunsmith assistance
This is the best sight for those who shoot during the day and nighttime scenarios.
4 used from $40.35
- BRIGHT NIGHT SIGHT - Increase accuracy and improve your shooting skills with the TruGlo Fiber-Optic Handgun Sight; This high visibility Night Sight combines fiber optics and durable construction, providing reliability, accuracy, and maximum brightness
- UNMATCHED VISIBILITY - Featuring a TRI DOT aiming system of contrasting front and rear colors and fiber optics, the TruGlo Glowing Gun Sight provides bright aiming points even in low-light conditions; This Night Sight doesn't require the use of batteries
- COMPACT DESIGN - The TruGlo Glow Sights for handguns have a snag-resistant design, and the concealed fiber cannot be seen by the target; In addition, these compact-sized Handgun Sights are suitable for standard holsters
- FORTRESS FINISH - When the pressure is on, you have to be strong; The snag-resistant Gun Sight is built to last with the CNC-machined steel body protected with a Nitride Fortress Finish, that provides maximum durability and a long service life
- COMPATIBILITY - Designed for professional shooters, this Fiber Optic Night Sight is compatible with S&W M&P Series Handguns; Upgrade your handgun with the TruGlo Glowing Sight, which is sure to become your indispensable shooting accessory
This set is tough and has contrasting colors without giving away your position.
- Fortress finish coating
- CNC-machined steel
- Dual-color sights
This set of front and rear sights are perfect for setting up on your M&P Shields. The fiber optics on display here are perfect for target acquisition even in the lowest light conditions you can imagine. It uses a tri-dot aiming system that contrasts the front and rear colors of the sights to let your eyes focus on the distant target that much more quickly.
The concealed fibers are dull enough that they shouldn’t alert your target to your position. The casing also makes use of a Fortress finish coating. This increases durability, makes the sight set resist resting, and helps the sight snag less often on holsters or clothing. You can use this with narrow holsters with the use.
CNC-machined steel adds an extra bit of durability to the entire product. Given the low asking price, it’s clearly one of the toughest sight sets you can find on the market.
The only downside is that the red lighting for the front sight isn’t the best for daytime shooting. However, since the focus is on nighttime visibility this isn’t the biggest flaw.
- Contrasting colors for maximum nighttime visibility
- Very durable
- Daytime assistance is low
This is the perfect sight for nighttime shooters who want to remain unseen.
Overall, the best M&P shield night sight is the one that best suits your personal needs. Consider the options above and try to match them with your budget and personal preferences and you’ll be ready to go.
Best M&P Shield Night Sights
Here's our review of the best M&P Shield Night Sights on the market today.
- TRUGLO Tritium
- Streamlight TLR-6
- TRUGLO TFO
- TRUGLO TFX
- AmeriGlo Tritium