Staying clean at home is usually pretty easy – just hop in the shower, turn it on, and enjoy instant warm water. But what about when there is a power outage? Or you are camping or at the beach? How do you stay clean then?
The good news is that we’ve reviewed the best portable shower units so you can wash and stay clean wherever you are.
Some are as simple as nozzles you fit to a water bottle so you can freshen up out on hiking trails. Others are propane powered and work as well as your shower at home.
Whatever you need, you’ll find the best option amongst these reviews.
With so many to choose from, buying the right portable shower may seem a little daunting. So, to make things easier, we’ve tried and tested 11 of the best to make your decision easier.
So, whether you want a simple gravity-fed solar shower bag, or a full-on propane power shower system, you’ll find what you need in the reviews below!
Best Portable Showers
1 used from $159.95
- Lightweight, Compact & Portable Design: The 10 pounds lightweight portable water heater's folding handle keeps it out of the way and enables easy setup outside.
- Flow Rate & Temperature Specification: The temperature raise is 114.8℉ (46℃) at its highest point and 46.4℉ (8℃) is at its lowest point of 1.32 GPM. Also, 1.32 gallons of hot water can be produced per minute at the flow rate of 1.32 GPM.
- Versatile Applications: The lowest water pressure at beginning for the water heater is 3.0 PSI. For off-grid and rural areas, this hot water generator powered by two size D batteries is ideal. No more chilly outdoor shower anymore.
- 6-in-1 Protection & CSA Safety Approved: This tankless water heater is CSA Approved with anti-freezing protection, over-heating protection, low water flow protection, dry combustion protection, high water pressure protection and flame failure device.
- Installation Instruction & Package Content: This Camplux AY132 heater comes with 1-year guarantee, 5 feet premium on/off shower head, 5 feet gas regulator, 1 set US-standard garden hose, and 1 installation hardware pack. Setting up this propane water heater simply takes 10 minutes.
A lot of the portable systems are nothing more than a hose and a bag that’s warmed by the sun. Very low-tech! If you want something a bit more substantial, consider this propane camp shower. It produces hot water on demand, and yet, it’s completely portable!
- Powered by liquid propane
- 32 gallons per minute flow rate
- Heats water to a maximum of 114.8 degrees Fahrenheit
- Works with even very low water pressure
- Battery ignition – no electrical supply needed
- Folding handles for easy transport
- 4” x 4.3” x 14.8” and weighs 14 lbs.
- Propane tank regulator included
This portable unit works the same way as your shower at home. Using propane, it heats water on demand to provide an enjoyable experience wherever you are. It’s ideal for RVing, living off-grid, or as a temporary shower during power outages at home. A handy piece of gear!
- A real shower – but portable
- High heat output
- Economical to use
- Requires no electricity
- Packed with safety features
- Approved for both USA and Canadian markets
- Not especially portable as you’ll also need a propane tank and an external water source
If you want a real shower away from home, this propane tankless unit is the one for you. It’s a bit on the big and heavy side, so it’s only really suitable for RV and car camping. But, if you can’t live without a hot shower, you’ll find this product very useful.
$45.99 in stock
1 used from $53.68
- HANDY: The FLOW PRO pressurized portable shower is perfect to clean up when shower facilities aren’t readily available. But it’s not restricted to showers. Use it to wash hands at the picnic site, to water flowers at home or bathe the dog
- SIMPLE DESIGN: Easy to transport & use this shower is great for camping, hunting, at the cabin & outdoor activities. It holds 2 gallons (8L) of water and comes with 6 foot kink-free hose, neoprene sleeve, shower head and convenient carry strap
- EASY TO USE: The Flow Pro is easy to use. Fill the BPA-free container with water. Use the pressure pump handle to build up pressure in the container, then use the continuous spray trigger shower head to clean up!
- CONVENIENT & RELIABLE: Twenty pumps of the pump handle and you’ll have two minutes of continuous water spray. The neoprene sleeve comes off for easy cleaning. It packs a punch for it’s size at 9.1”L x 9.1”W x 17.2”H
This portable shower is ideal for taking to the beach and for camping trips. It’s also useful if you want to wash your dog! Light and easy to use, you can take this product almost anywhere, although it’s probably too big and bulky for backpacking.
- 8 liter/2 gallon capacity
- Easy pump for pressuring the unit
- Supplied with a six-foot hose and compact trigger action showerhead
- Neoprene insulation cover with pocket head/hose
- 2” x 9.2” x 9.2” and weighs 3.8 lbs.
This DIY camp shower works the same way as a garden water spray. Pump it up to pressurize the water container, and then squeeze the trigger on the showerhead to release the water. Leave the unit out in the sun for a warm shower, otherwise enjoy a cool, refreshing wash anywhere and anytime.
- Light and portable
- Does not need to be connected to a water supply
- Requires no electricity
- Easy to use
- Limited water supply – not suitable for longer use
If you want a quick shower to wash off the dust of the day during a camping trip, this is a good option. But, you’ll soon empty the two-gallon tank, so don’t dilly-dally! This product is an excellent choice for no-frills campers who still want to stay clean out in nature.
$27.99 in stock
12 used from $17.50
- CONSTRUCTION - This solar shower boasts a durable, four-layer construction for optimal heat retention and performance that includes a reflector panel, an insulator panel, a solar panel, and a water reservoir along with diamond ripstop fabric.
- CAPACITY - This summer shower has a large 3-gallon capacity and is designed to heat water fast in the warm sun.
- TEMPERATURE GAUGE - Easy-to-read temperature gauge to know when your shower is warm. The shower can heat up to 110 degrees in under 3 hours in direct sunlight.
- EASY FILL - Extra-large filling valve with twist-off cap; wide carrying handles; Velcro straps for soap and shampoo
- STORAGE - Rolls up for easy storage; covered by a one-year manufacturer
Solar bags are the simplest of camp showers, but that’s one of the things that makes them so good! With very little to go wrong, they’re reliable and straightforward to operate and, best of all, can deliver a cold or hot shower as required.
- 3-gallon capacity
- Warms up in the sun
- Water temperature gauge
- Large filling cap
- Rolls away when not in use
- Easy to use Velcro attachment strap
- Built-in shower head
- Mesh pocket for a small mirror (supplied)
Using this solar bag is easy! Fill it with water and then leave it in the sun until the contents reach the desired temperature. Then, hang it from a suitable overhead anchor point, such as a tree branch, and enjoy your shower! The back of the bag is clear so you can see exactly how much water is left.
- Very light and portable
- Use for hot or cold
- Easy to fill
- Strong construction
- Holds enough water for one long or two short uses
- Could overheat if left in the sun for too long
- Water pressure decreases as the bag empties
This low-tech portable shower is reliable and easy to use. The water can get very hot if left in the sun too long, so it pays to familiarize yourself with the temperature gauge. But, if you want a portable unit you can take anywhere, this model is an excellent option.
9 used from $19.99
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR HANDHELD SHOWER - Transforms Sink or Bucket of Water Into Instant Shower Stream; Water-Resistant Unit Includes One Touch On/Off Switch
- PERFECTLY PLEASING PRESSURE - Showerhead Features One Simple Flow Rate for Comfortable Bathing Experience; Gentle Enough for Seniors, Babies and Pets
- SUCTION CUP SUPPORT - Shower-Head Securely Sticks to Any Flat Surface with Provided Suction Cup; Bonus S-Style Hook Lets You Hang it Safely Overhead
- BATTERY POWERED CONVENIENCE - Rechargeable Pump Plugs into Laptop, Car Adapter or Computer via USB; Full Charge Allows Up to 1 Hour of Continuous Use, PLEASE NOTE: May include a wall plug instead of USB
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Small, Discreet System Packs Easily in Luggage, Backpack or Car Trunk; for Hiking, Camping, Kid Bathing and Pet Cleaning
While you could just dump a bucket of water over your head to wash during a camping trip, this battery-powered portable unit is a much more pleasant alternative. It provides a gentle but steady stream of water to leave you feeling clean and refreshed, anywhere and anytime.
- Drop-in water pump
- Multi-function showerhead
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- 6-foot flexible hose
- S-hook on the showerhead for hands-free operation
- 45-60 minutes of operation per charge
A lot of battery-powered showers have removable battery packs. With this model, the battery is built into the pump. This makes the entire product much neater and more compact. But, it also means you can just slap on a fresh battery pack if you are running out of power.
- Compact design
- Decent pumping power
- Long battery life
- Use with any open water source
- S-hook is not very strong and is prone to breaking
This well-priced product is all about the pump, and it’s one of the better ones on review. The S-hook, however, is flimsy, and a lot of users have reported that it has snapped. That’s a shame because, otherwise, this is an excellent product.
OYOOQO 5 Gallons
$158.00 in stock
- Configuration-Battery-powered outdoor water shower; 12-volt car lighter port-powered camping shower; 12-volt battery- operated water pump; pure copper brushless motor; 13-foot shower hose with water-conserving showerhead & high-pressure car wash gun & garden sprinkler with 7 outlet modes; two portable water bags; 5-gallon water tank with wet and dry separation. The device is powered by a built-in lithium battery or a 12V car charger. The lithium battery is charged by a 100 -240V household power
- Features - Powerful booster system（power: 90 Watts; flow:6L/Min; pressue:03-0.8MPa）. The large-capacity built-in lithium battery can provide a full charge of 40-45 minutes work (30 consecutive minutes). The water use rate is as high as 99%. You can add more water at any time. Spraying water pressure is not not limited by water level changes and water addition during use. Equipped with copper connectors for quick installation and extended service life.
- Professional and Durable - German imported pure copper brushless motor, Strong power, waterproof and and anti-leakage. High-power high-end intelligent induction frequency conversion, automatic shutdown when water is off, more efficient and energy saving. Intelligent temperature control overheating protection is more secure. The durable 12000MA large-capacity built-in lithium battery makes the battery life longer.
- Fast and easy operation- No tap water limit or power limit, if you want a shower, you can do it almost instantly. Just fill it with water (warm or hot water appr.122 ° f), connect the hose and nozzle with fast connectors, turn on the switch, then you can shower anywhere for camping/road trip/caravan travel/surfing / diving / fishing.
- Multipurpose - Ideal for a wide variety of outdoor recreation, home and garden purposes. E.g. As portable shower for garden shower/pool shower/camping shower/pet shower. Used as a rinse kit for camping/road trip/caravan travel/surfing / diving / fishing. Used as a garden irrigation tool for watering plants/lawn. As a domestic helper, it is used to clean the dirt and mud on floors/walls/ balconies / patio / bicycles / cars / decks / farm facilities / fruits and vegetables, etc.
This portable system is more than just a shower; it’s basically a 12v power washer you can use to clean almost anything, including yourself! With its built-in rechargeable battery, you can use this product anywhere, and it can also be connected to a 12V car power outlet.
- Five-gallon water tank
- Rechargeable ion battery for up to 50 minutes of continual use
- Supplied with a 13’ hose and water-conserving showerhead
- 10 showerhead settings
- Brass connectors and fittings for longevity
- 5” x 12.2” x 11.8” and weighs 9.4 lbs.
While it doesn’t heat the water, this DIY camp shower pretty much does everything else! It’s a power shower you can also use to clean your car or kayak, and you don’t even need to connect it to a water or electricity supply.
- Long battery life
- Can also be powered by an external power source
- Can be refilled with water while it’s still running for uninterrupted use
- High power output
- Store all the accessories inside for easy storage and transportation
- Does not heat the water
Providing you don’t want a hot shower, this power washer/portable unit is a very useful item. It’s ideal for RV or van camping, on a boat, or just using at home if you need to wash anything outdoors. Made to last, this high-quality product should provide many years of faithful service.
- Turns most one or two liter bottles (including Platypus collapsible bottles and bladders) into a portable shower for taking showers anywhere running water is not available
- Easy to use – simply hold it above the area to be washed and turn upside down for a steady stream. Feels like being under a real shower
- Great for washing infants!
- Weighs only 2 ounces. Makes a great camp shower
- Made in USA from recycled material
The Simple Shower really lives up to its name. It’s basically a showerhead you can attach to any suitable bottle. Just squeeze the bottle and direct the jet for a quick wash anywhere and anytime.
- Fits most 1-2 liter bottles
- Weighs less than one ounce
- Easy to direct jet
- Made from recycled plastic
- Can be used with warm or cold water
To use this product, simply screw the showerhead into any compatible water bottle and squeeze. Or, just hold it up and let gravity do the work for you. Weighing less than a bar of soap, this is the perfect solution for weight-conscious hikers.
- Nothing to break or go wrong
- Made in the USA
- Takes up very little space in your backpack
- Doesn’t fit all bottles
- You’ll need several bottles of water for a “proper” shower
The Simple Shower is ideal for backpackers who want a wash after a day on the trail. Or for beachgoers who want to wash the sand from their feet. It’s not especially luxurious, but for a quick, convenient way to wash while out in nature, it’s a very handy product.
$21.41 in stock
2 used from $21.41
- REFRESHING SHOWERS ON THE GO | Handheld Shower Head & Cleaning System Draws Water From a Bucket or Other Source & Transforms It Into a Shower-Like Stream | Perfect for Bathing Outdoors, Gardening, Boating, Fishing, Hiking & More
- GENTLE FLOW FOR UNIVERAL COMFORT | 3.5 L/Min Flow Rate Delivers Ideal Pressure for Adults, Children, Seniors, Pets, Plants & More | Includes Deluxe Waterfall & Mini Bidet Shower Heads & Extra Long 6-Foot Hose for Easy Movement
- HOLD BY HAND OR HANG UP HIGH | Durable, Ergonomic Design is Perfect for Handheld Operation | Set Also Features Suction Cup Mount & Hooks for Hanging Shower Head From a Glass Window, Car Windshield, Tree, Pole, Camper & More
- LONG-LASTING RECHARGEABLE BATTERY | Powerful Li-Ion Battery w/ Detachable Pack Provides 45-60 Minute Operating Time on a 2.5-5 Hour Charge | Use the Included Cable to Charge Via Car, Laptop, Phone Charger or Any USB Input
- LIGHTWEIGHT. COMPACT. CONVENIENT. | Travel-Friendly Kit Stores Discreetly in a Backpack, Luggage, Trunk, Truck Bed or RV Cargo Space| Easy to Carry to the Pool, Lake, Beach, Campsite, Dog Park, Boat, Dock, Tailgate, Sports Events, Etc.
The Ivation Portable Camping Shower can be used with any source of water, even a lake or river. Just drop the rechargeable pump into the water for a refreshing wash, anywhere, and anytime. You can hold or hang the showerhead as preferred.
- Rechargeable pump
- Two showerheads – regular and concentrated jet
- Ion battery provides 45-60 minutes of use
- Six-foot hose pipe supplied
- Charging cable included
The main advantage of this product is that you can use it with any open source of water – including buckets, bowls, or natural bodies of water. All you need to do is charge the pump. It’s small and light enough to keep in your glove box or backpack.
- Very portable
- Good battery life
- Charges quickly
- Use with almost any open water source
- Does not generate much pressure
While this small pump is very light and portable, it’s also not very powerful. If you’re expecting a power-shower-type effect, you’re going to be disappointed. But, if you’re happy with a steady if somewhat gentle water flow, this could be the product you want.
$42.99 in stock
1 used from $37.43
- ▶ Model Number: GFS-1701 Water Flow: 1 gal/min (4 L /min), Upgraded Version: Come with TWO detachable USB rechargeable batteries separated from the pump. External on/off switch feature, which is an improvement over previous design.No need to immerse the batteries into water,which can protect and enhance the batteries life.
- ▶Durable and Powerful: We provide two batteries, one can work for up to 45-60 minutes with a full charge ,two for up to 90-120 minutes, which can make sure you will have a constant happy shower.The water flow is up to 1 gal/min (4 L /min),offers ideal and powerful water pressure to help make bathing easier.
- ▶Easy Assembly and Operation: Just fully submerse the pump in your bucket/tub of water and turn the motor on,it will pumps water from bucket into steady, gentle shower stream and you get a nice flowing shower.
- ▶Compact & Portable: Weighs only 25.2 ounce,easy to carry and store in luggage,backpack or car trunk,perfect for outdoors,camping,hiking,kid bathing,pet cleaning,car washing, plants watering, windows and backyard cleaning or wash the sand on the beach
- ▶Notes: PRODUCT OPERATE ONLY WITH WATER WITHIN THE TEMPERATURE RANGE 10°C to 50°C（50℉ to 122℉）,When you are assembling the product, be sure to put the white O-ring into the water connection or the shower will leak!
Portable camping showers don’t come much easier to use than this model from Kedsum. Just drop the pump in a suitable water container and enjoy instant flowing water. Supplied with two rechargeable batteries, there’s enough power for the whole family to use.
- Supplied with two 2200 mAH rechargeable batteries
- 45-60 minutes of use per fully charged battery
- 4l/min water flow
- Weighs just 25 ounces/700 grams, including batteries, charger, etc.
- 6-foot hose and two showerheads
This rechargeable unit is both reliable and easy to use. Best of all, all you need is a bucket or something similar – no need to find a tree to hang a heavy water-filled bag from. And, with two batteries included, it doesn’t matter if you are the last person in your family to use this product; there will still be enough power for you to enjoy a relaxing, refreshing shower.
- Easy to use
- Long battery life (x2!)
- Fast charging
- Light and compact
- Can be used with any open source of water, including streams and lakes
- Water pressure is quite low
For a shower on the go, this product is hard to beat. You can also use it to wash down your bike, surfboard, or even your dog! It’s perfect for camping, but if you take it to the beach, you’ll need to find a source of freshwater.
The RinseKit Portable Shower is a very clever piece of kit. You fill it using a regular tap, and that pressurizes the tank without the need for a pump or electricity. It’s more than a shower; you can also use this product to wash your surfboard, kayak, wetsuit, or even your dog anywhere and anytime.
- 1.75 gallon capacity
- Five-minute spray duration
- Made from sturdy ABS plastic – BPA-free
- Supplied with all necessary connectors, hoses, and a six-function showerhead
- Can be used with hot or cold water
This self-contained portable shower unit is ideal for beach or camping use. However, to pressurize the tank, it must be filled from a regular tap. If not, there will be no pressure to pump the water. Because of this, you’ll either need to fill it before setting off on your trip or have access to a tap for refills.
- No moving parts
- No batteries required
- Sturdy construction
- Light and portable
- The five-minute duration may be too short for more than a single shower
- Water pressure tends to decrease as the tank empties
So long as you have access to a tap, this product is a good option for camping and beach showers. Otherwise, after just three minutes of use, it becomes redundant. It’s a good idea, but a larger water tank would make it more useful. Three minutes of water is not enough for more than a single shower.
|Size||7'L x 3.5'W x 7'H|
Just because you are camping out in nature doesn’t mean you have to expose your naked body to the elements! This solar bag and cubical combo means you can shower in privacy, no matter where you are.
- Solar bag hanging point inside
- Two-section interior so you can shower in one side and dry in the other
- Eight feet high interior
- Supplied with a mat to stand on
- Large easy-access doorway
- Mesh windows for ventilation
- Five-gallon solar bag capacity
This shelter is a bathroom away from home. Whether you use the supplied solar bag or an alternative, you’ll be able to wash and dry in privacy and comfort. Some users also use the second section to house a chemical toilet. It’s ideal for those that prefer glamping and not camping!
- Good privacy
- Lots of space
- Good capacity
- Easy to use
- Can be pitched by one person
- Large and heavy
- May not be strong enough to withstand strong winds
If you’d rather not bare all when you have a shower while camping, this product is for you. Big enough for comfort, but not so big it’s intrusive, this is the system you want if you value your privacy but still want to enjoy the call of the wild.
- 18,000 BTU per hour
- Flow rate - .66 - 1.18 Gallons per minute and scald protection,tip switch and flow driven ignition
- For use with propane gas, water can be increased by up to 45 degrees f above source water temperature. Use : Camping, RV, Fishing, Hunt Camps, Tailgating, Patio, Beach, Poolside, Pet Care, Bathing, Outdoor Shower
- Built in rechargeable battery powers pump for 40 minutes of run time. DC Charge: 8-10 Hours AC/ 4-6 Hours DC; Battery Type: Sealed Lead Acid
- Complete kit includes - quick connect shower head and pump assembly, ac and dc adaptors, and carry bag ; Matchless Electronic Pulse Ignition produces Hot Water at the Flip of a Switch
Portable shower units don’t come much more powerful than this system. The pump is battery powered, but the water is heated with propane, providing a truly luxurious experience anywhere and anytime. It’s a big unit, so this system is best suited to RVing and off-grid living.
- Stainless steel shell
- Internal rechargeable battery
- Easy carry handles
- Battery run time 40 minutes
- Built-in water filtration system to reduce limescale buildup
- Electronic propane ignition
- Adjustable water temperature with digital temperature display
- 8 gallons per minute flow rate
- 5” x 10.5” x 13” and weighs 22 lbs.
As you’d expect from such a well-made product, this portable shower is packed with safety features, including overheating protectors, low water pressure cut off, and auto propane flame regulation. If you want a powerful system for outdoor use, this product is highly recommended.
- CSA approved for USA and Canadian markets
- High power output
- Large temperature range
- Reliable and efficient
- Quite large and heavy
You probably won’t want to carry this system too far from your RV or van. It’s big and, with a propane canister attached, quite heavy too. But, if you need a powerful shower unit that you don’t need to connect to an electrical supply, this could be the one for you. It’s also suitable for off-grid living.
Staying clean and fresh in the great outdoors has never been easier. All you need is one of these tried-and-tested portable showers. For a low-tech solution, gravity-fed solar shower bags are hard to beat. Just fill them with fresh water, leave in the sun to warm up, and then hang them from a tree branch.
Or, if you want a home-from-home experience, consider a propane system that heats your water.
Battery-powered units fall somewhere between these two options – and most are rechargeable, so they’re good for the environment too. Which one is right for you? That depends on your needs and budget. But, whatever you want, you’ll find the best portable shower reviewed above.
Visit the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more camping essentials such as:
Choosing the best portable shower for your next camping trip is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Camplux 5L
- Reliance Products
- Advanced Elements
- OYOOQO 5 Gallons
- Simple Shower
- Ivation Portable
- Rinse Kit
- Ozark Trail
- Mr. Heater