Hunting requires a lot of patience and working through less than ideal situations. Whether it’s waiting for hours in the cold trees or wading through marshy and wet conditions in your hopefully waterproof boots, you are not shooting paper targets in a well-lit range. This means you need some extra help. You need to buy the best shotgun light you can find.
If you’re hunting at night or in the dense woodlands where it’s all shade and no sun, you may need to grab a shotgun flashlight. These home defense tactical shotgun flashlights will let you see better during a hunt. You simply mount the tactical shotgun light to your firearm and voila – you can see what you’re shooting again!
These shotgun lights are usually the best solution for nighttime hunting when you are stalking prey that doesn’t show themselves while the sun is up but limited by your human eyesight and poor night vision. Shotgun tactical lights are the perfect addition to any firearm for the outdoors.
Now, you’re probably wondering where you can find a tactical flashlight. You may not have even been aware that companies make lights for shotguns, but they do.
Best Shotgun Lights
1. Streamlight TLR-1
5 used from $139.81
- 1000 lumens; 20,000 candela peak beam intensity; 283 meter beam; runs 1.5 hours
- White LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime. TIR optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- Mounts directly to handguns with Glock-style rails and to all MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails; verify compatibility and fitment prior to purchase, Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of the muzzle
- Includes keys for Glock-style, Picatinny, Beretta 90two, S&W 99 and S&W TSW and Sig P320; verify compatibility and fitment prior to purchase
- Rail clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of the muzzle; fits existing light bearing holsters; user programmable strobe can be enabled/disabled
The Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 is one of our all-time favorite lights and it’s built to last!
- 800 lumens for up to 245 meters with 1.75 hours run time and 12,000-candela peak beam intensity
- Fits a broad range of weapons securely
- One-handed interface to snap on and tighten
- 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish
- TIR optic for a concentrated beam with peripheral illumination]
- High temperature, shock-mounted glass lens
This is a fabulous option for lighting. It is very easy to operate while remaining weather resistant and very durable. The beam is extremely bright and uses a decent range. It can be operated with just one hand, and the strobe feature is a great option to have in emergencies when you need assistance.
- LED lights
- Mounting is simple and reliable
- Lifetime warranty included with purchase
- One-handed snap-on and tightening
- Extremely durable
- More expensive than other models
- Strobe effect will bounce off surroundings
The Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 is the best investment you can make thanks to the lifetime warranty!
2. SureFire X300 Ultra
SureFire X300 Ultra
1 used from $259.99
- Special off-white high-performance LED produces 600 lumens, biased in the yellowish-green spectrum optimal for human vision
- Precision TIR lens creates a smooth, tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral illumination
- Switching-Ambidextrous push/toogle, integral, ergonomic one-finger ambidextrous momentary - and constant -on switching
- Integral aluminum T-slot mounting system offers rock-solid attachment to railed hand guns and long guns equipped with MIL-STD 1913 rails
- Construction: High-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; coated, tempered window
The SureFire X300 Ultra is a high-quality light that won’t disappoint you at all.
- High-performance 600 lumen white LED light biased towards yellow-green spectrum
- Precision TIR lens for a smooth, tight beam with peripheral illumination
- Aluminum T-slot mounting system for solid attachment to railed handguns and MIL-STD 1913 railed long guns
This mounted LED comes with a T-slot mount for compatibility with a lot of different firearms. It’s extremely user-friendly and comes with a rear switch that is easy to activate with either hand. A button press will turn it on and back off when you finish.
The light produces 600 lumens in a spectrum that is optimal for human eyes and takes CR123 batteries. It’s guaranteed to last for at least a decade!
- Easy to use in any situation – even with gloves, or with frozen fingertips
- Durable and reliable in any conditions
- Ambidextrous – can be used equally comfortably by the left and right-handed users!
- Multiple counterfeit complaints – but DIRECTLY from Surefire through Amazon
- Mounting instructions are complicated
- Very pricy compared to comparable models
The SureFire X300 Ultra is an ambidextrous and easy to use light, so if you are left-handed or have decreased dexterity, grab this light.
3. Helotex G2
Helotex G2 CREE
- Runs on AA or CR123 Battery (not included)
- 130 Lumen
- Tri-Mode - Hi/Low/Strobe
- CREE XR-E LED
The Helotex G2 CREE is affordable and a great deal for everything it includes.
- Cree XR-E LED lighting
- 3 modes – high, low, and strobe
This is one of a very limited number of cheap tactical flashlights that makes the list. Despite the affordable pricing, the Helotex light can hold its own against the more expensive options.
The best thing about this light is that it lets you choose between the CR123 or AA batteries. Just be aware that the AA battery can only produce 120 lumens instead of the 130-lumen output the CR123 can handle. Also, the AA batteries will last an hour, and the CR123 doubles that time.
This light uses an LED bulb with 3 different operating modes. You can toggle high or low light settings or use the strobe light. It’s got an ambidextrous button on the back to make it easy to use.
- 2 different battery options
- Includes strobe for emergency signaling
- Very affordable
- Batteries not included
- Short battery life when using AA – will need to bring plenty of backups
- No mounting
If you need a versatile light that can run on either AA or CR123 batteries, the Helotex G2 CREE lets you choose the ones that are easiest to bring along in the field.
4. EdisonBright Fenix
- 1000 Lumen max utilizing Cree XP-L (V5) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Stainless steel side switch for switching modes and outputs
- Outdoor Mode Operation utilizes side switch for all levels, and rear switch simply turns on/off and momentary
- Uses one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries
- Bundle includes ALG-01 weapon mount, AR102 pressure switch, AOF-S Red color filter and Two EdisonBright CR123A lithium batteries
The EdisonBright Fenix comes with a whole suite of accessories, making it well worth the added expense!
- 1000 lumen Cree XP-L LED
- 50,000-hour lifespan on the bulb
- Outdoor Mode uses side switch for all levels and a rear switch for on and off toggle
- 2 battery options
This kit is extremely bright. It’s got a stainless steel construction that can withstand recoil and withstand drops and wear and tear. It also has the option of a couple of different batteries. The Lithium battery is rechargeable, and the CR123A batteries will also power the light if you run out of charge in the field.
It’s also very user-friendly. This unit will engage multiple modes using the rear button, and you can further customize it with the side switch. It’s got batteries with a combined life of 29 hours in low-light mode and just over an hour even in turbo mode!
- It comes with tons of accessories, making it a great value!
- Comfortable when held in the hand
- Extremely bright light can blind prey
- Long battery life
- The Cord on the tethered switch gets in the way when mounted to weapons
- Fits are inconsistent
- More expensive than other tactical lights
The EdisonBright Fenix is a fantastic light that comes with tons of different parts and accessories in the package. If you like having all the bells and whistles, grab this light!
5. Tacticon Armament
- ✔ EXTRA SET OF RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES + BATTERY CHARGER + LIFETIME WARRANTY - We provide you with 2 sets (4 total) rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. Also, if you don't like the product or if something happens to it please return it for a full refund or a new one! No questions asked!
- ✔ COMBAT VETERAN OWNED COMPANY! I stand by and produce only the products that I use myself as a soldier.
- ✔ RIFLE, SHOTGUN, OR HANDGUN (EXCEPT POLYMER FRAMES) - This versatile laser flashlight can be mounted on any firearm with a picatinny or weaver rail. Pressure activated tail switch included!
- ✔ INCREDIBLE ACCURACY! You can adjust and zero-in this laser just like any other sight or optic. Simply use the elevation and windage wrenches included.
- ✔ HIGHLY VISIBLE - This laser and flashlight is very powerful and can be seen with the naked eye at distances of up to 100 meters! 200 lumens on the flashlight!
The Tacticon Armament is a great option for people who want a little bit of laser sighting with their lighting.
- Extra set of rechargeable batteries included
- Lifetime warranty! No questions asked full refund guarantee.
- Compatible with rifles, shotguns, and handguns
- Zero-in laser for perfect accuracy!
This is a great combination laser and shotgun light for an extremely great deal! It is also a way to support a veteran because this company is owned by a combat veteran. This means he knows exactly what is necessary for a high-quality tactical light. He also stands by his products, making sure that he only uses products he used as a soldier.
This light also comes with incredible customer service. He offers a lifetime warranty on his products. ON top of that, every purchase comes with a handwritten note of gratitude and an extra set of rechargeable batteries!
- Great value – plenty of features despite the lower price
- Excellent customer service with the company
- Veteran-owned company
- Rail system knobs wobble
- Not as durable as other models
If you want a combination tactical light and laser option to mount to your shotgun, then grab the Tacticon Armament!
6. Tacticon Firefly V2
Tacticon Firefly V2
- ✔ BUILT-IN MAGNETICALLY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY + NO RISK LIFETIME WARRANTY - Magnetic recharging allows for you to conveniently keep the product mounted to the gun while charging to not lose zero. Also, if you don't like the product or if something happens to it please return it for a full refund or a new one! No questions asked!
- ✔ COMBAT VETERAN OWNED COMPANY! I stand by and produce only the products that I use myself as a soldier. ZERO risk purchase. We are real humans in the United States with a real company and a real warranty.
- ✔ SUPER BRIGHT RED OR GREEN LASER AND FLASHLIGHT WITH DISORIENTING STROBE FUNCTION - This green laser and flashlight is very powerful and can be seen with the naked eye at distances of up to 100 meters! 220 lumens on the flashlight!
- ✔ FITS ALL FIREARMS WITH A PICATINNY RAIL (RIFLE, SHOTGUN, OR HANDGUN) - This versatile laser flashlight can be mounted on any firearm with a picatinny or weaver rail.
- ✔ INCREDIBLE ACCURACY!! You can adjust and zero-in this laser just like any other sight or optic. Simply use the elevation and windage wrenches included.
The final product is the Tacticon Firefly V2, another light from Tacticon. They’re a fabulous company that deserves support and their products are amazing.
- Built-in magnetically rechargeable battery
- Lifetime warranty
- Strobe functionality
- Bright light and red laser
- Fits all firearms with Picatinny rail
This product allows you to get exact accuracy thanks to the laser sighting you can zero-in sight for. The unusual design fits the firearm without messing with holder capabilities.
These products come with a lifetime guarantee that covers everything. The materials used are high-quality polymers. It is also a waterproof and fog proof sight that will always work when you’re shooting. It comes with a variety of use modes.
- Very affordable design
- Light is very focused
- Excellent customer service
- Screw placement makes it a bit unstable on the mount
- Not meant for active-duty field use
- Green laser hard to see outdoors
Tacticon Firefly V2 is shaped differently, but it’s a very durable product, and purchasing it will support a veteran!
7. WINDFIRE Cree
- 1200 lumens White light output produced by LED light. Throw distance: Approximately 100 meters (110 yards)
- Material: Made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, brand new, high quality. Equipped with waterproof RUBBER O- rings, safe enough to be used in the rainy day.
- 2 Modes Remote Pressure Switch: This new updated remote switch has 2 modes, both momentary on and constant on are available. You can choose different mode in different situation.
- Powered by: rechargeable battery (battery not included)
- Designed to mount on certain hand pistols, rifles and shotguns with proper mounting equipment.
The Windfire is an amazingly great deal that performs well above other models in its price range.
- Cree XML T6 1200 lumen light
- 100 meter (110 yards) lighting distance
- Waterproof rubber O-rings
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
- Remote pressure switch with 2 modes
This is an extremely affordable budget flashlight for hunting that offers high-quality performance. While it doesn’t have tons of features, it also doesn’t cost a lot, and the materials just as high quality as more expensive flashlights.
It is very easy to use and hold in your hand, though you will need some help mounting it. The 3.7 volt 18650 battery is not included, but it will last a very long time.
- Long battery life
- Extremely affordable
- Durable and waterproof
- Battery not included
- The mounting system is terrible – you’ll need to use your own
If you just need a very basic light that doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles but is well constructed, the Windfire is a great buy.
Now you’ve found all of the best tac lights for shotguns. We know that one of these will be perfect for your hunting needs. When you’re looking at purchasing one, there are a few different features that can be used to differentiate the lights.
You should consider the lighting and lumens. LED lights are standard, and you want one with at least 400 lumens. You also want to make sure that your light has enough weatherproofing for your situation if you’re hunting in less than ideal climates. Durability is always important with hunting equipment.
Consider the battery life, too. The last thing you want to have happened is to run out of light in the middle of your hunt. Check to make sure your light has a great battery life and bring some spares just in case. Finally, make sure that you have secure mounting for your light. These all have different types of mounts and you need one that secures completely to your firearm.
All of the lights on our list have met a minimum standard for quality across all of these factors. From here, you just need to pick your personal favorite based on your hunting conditions. Happy hunting, and safe trails!
Visit the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more expert information and advice!
Best Shotgun Lights
Check out the 7 best shotgun lights on the market today for every scenario!
SureFire X300 Ultra
Helotex G2 CREE
Tacticon Firefly V2
Best Shotgun Lights DEALS
We collect information from many stores for best price available