Ski and snowboard helmets have come a long way in the last few years. They’re no longer hot, heavy, or cumbersome. Instead, they’re light, comfortable, and above all, very safe. They even look cool!
Some ski helmets are designed to be worn with goggles. But, why buy and wear two pieces of equipment when you just need one – a ski helmet with a built-in visor. This means you’ve got complete protection for your head and eyes.
For this review, we’ve tracked down, tried, and tested the best ski helmets with visors so you can find the perfect product for your needs and budget.
Whether you ski or snowboard, a helmet is an indispensable piece of safety equipment. Some ski resorts have even made them compulsory. Whether you are a beginner getting ready for your first ever skiing trip, or an off-piste snowboarder looking to push your limits, a helmet could protect you from serious injury or even save your life.
Best Ski Helmet with Visor
$180.00 in stock
- MIGHT VISOR is the little brother of its premium version. Offering high level of protection with High Impact injected ABS, it will be the perfect companion for your daily adventures on the slopes.
- Brown Gun Lens on Visor
- Injected ABS
- Adjustable ventilation with a Click-to-Fit system
- Removable Ear Pads
The Bollé Might Visor Ski Helmet is a classically designed model that’s packed with features. It’s understated, but that doesn’t mean it won’t offer full protection and comfort. This is a very well-made ski helmet from Bollé.
- Injected ABS construction
- Removable and washable lining
- Click to fit chin strap
- Removable, washable earpads
- Furry, warm lining
- Integrated airflow system
- Photochromatic mirrored panoramic visor
- Available in six designs
There is nothing worse than a visor that keeps fogging up or that you need to keep flipping up or down every time the light changes. This helmet features an anti-fog, photochromatic lens, so you’ll always be able to see perfectly, no matter what conditions you face.
- A stylish, understated design
- Very high quality
- Superb visor lens
- Very comfortable
- Easy to adjust
- Snow can fly up under the visor
Like a lot of helmets with built-in visors, this product doesn’t fit snugly to your face. This means flying snow, and cold winds can still reach your eyes. Because of this, consider this a fair-weather helmet and not really suitable for blizzardy conditions.
Salomon Driver S
- Maximum convenience: a Salomon exclusive, this easy, tool-free lens changing system makes every ski experience stress-free
- Best comfort: Salomon motion shield system is an easy to use, true over-the-glass (OTG) system that let's you keep your glasses on at all times
- Protection : The Salomon patented EPS4D liner construction provides superior shock absorption; up to 30% more than required by the industry standard
Salomon is a well-known outdoor clothing and equipment manufacturer. This helmet is stylish and functional and provides lots of protection for skiers and snowboarders. Made in China, this helmet exceeds industry standards for shock absorption and protection.
- Blue or red mirrored flip-up goggles
- OTG system so you can wear glasses with this helmet
- Customizable fit
- Multiple ventilation ports
- Available in two designs
This aggressively styled helmet should appeal to men. It’s matt-black shell, and flip-up goggles look good, and it’s comfortable and easy to use too. The OTG feature is very handy if you wear spectacles. It’s a shame that the lining is not removable for washing and that, if damaged, the visor lens cannot be replaced.
- Easy to use
- Very comfortable
- Fully adjustable
- Easy to use, high-quality visor lens
- Visor lens not replaceable
- Inner lining, earpads, etc., cannot be removed
- Quite heavy
There is no denying that this is a robust and safe helmet and visor, but it lacks some of the features you’d expect from a product in this price range. Not being able to remove the visor or lining/earpads could be a significant disadvantage. But, in terms of protection, this helmet exceeds expectations.
Giro Essence MIPS Vivid Womens
- CONSTRUCTION - MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System. I.M. Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making I.M. helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- FIT SYSTEM - In Form Fit System makes it easy to dial in a custom fit in seconds - even with gloves on. An ergo-friendly dial at the base of the helmet provides up to 6cm of adjustment and enhanced stability. Vertical Tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit free of gaper gap (space between goggles and helmet).
- VENTILATION - Thermostat Control adjustable venting allows you to custom tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable. Stack Vent in the front of the helmet which aligns with your goggles and helps to keep them clear and fog free.
- INTEGRATED VIVID SHIELD - The smart and stylish shield will keep you protected from the elements without interfering with your favorite eyewear and without smudging make up. There is plush, comfortable face foam on the shield and nose bridge. VIVID Optics
- FEATURES - Integrated VIVID Shield. Designed specifically for Women with stylized earpads and trim detailing. Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems by Outdoor Tech.
Giro makes top-quality cycling and skiing helmets. This premium helmet with visor provides superior impact protection and visibility, making it one of the safest helmets on review. However, as a premium product, it’s also quite expensive.
- Certified CE EN1077
- Polycarbonate shell
- Expanded foam inner
- Multiple controllable ventilation ports
- MIPS (multiple-directional impact protection system) for all-round protection
- Customizable fit
- Available in nine color/lens combinations
- Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems
With nine different stylish designs to choose from, you’ll have no problem matching your helmet with the rest of your ski or snowboard wardrobe. However, as well as looking great, this helmet is a top performer that conforms to all the necessary safety regulations. It’s also supremely comfortable.
- Very light
- High-quality visor lens
- Easy to adjust and customize
- Very well ventilated
- Very attractive designs
If you are looking for the lightest, coolest, most protective helmet around, this model from Giro should make it onto your shortlist. It’s not the cheapest helmet on review, but it’s going to be tough to beat in terms of quality and comfort.
$69.99 in stock
- Complete Helmet & Ski Goggles Set: Our ski helmet with detachable goggles is necessary for anyone loves snow sports. This set effectively provide complete protection to you head. You will have great fun when skiing, skating, snowboarding, or doing other snow sports!
- Complete Protection: The helmet and the goggles are made of premium material. They all meet safety certification. The helmet is shockproof and penetration resistant. Neither the helmet nor the goggles will remove around, effectively protecting your head from getting hurt or injured.
- Durable and Comfortable Design: Built with 28 air vent holes for great ventilation. The goggles with Flow-Tech Venting Design not only reduces fogging but also optimizes the flow of air over the inside of the lens. Reasonable designed ventilation holes protects you from freezing wind and blurred fogging vision. Both helmet and goggles perfectly fit well!
- Flexible & Comfortable: The helmet has detachable lining, removable earmuff and soft chin band for warm wearing. The goggles also have easy-adjustable band. You can adjust the bands for perfect fit and ultra-comfort. Both of them are easy to adjust, put on and take off. They are light-weight, you will have less pressure to your head.
- Great for All Snow Sports: Bonus a carry bag for helmet, you can take it anywhere! Every winter sport lovers must have one Odoland Ski Helmet set with eye-catching goggles. It’s not only for skiing. You will get effective protection and ultra-comfort no matter you are skiing, skating, snowboarding or do other winter outdoor sports!
Skiing helmets with visors are often expensive, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t budget-friendly options available. This helmet from Odoland is well-priced and should provide more than enough protection when out on the slopes.
- Reinforced ABS outer shell
- EPS inner later
- Removable fleece liner and earpads
- Adjustment dial for a customizable fit
- Quick-release chin strap
- 12 ventilation ports
- Detachable mirrored UV visor lens
- Available in seven designs
This helmet can be worn with the attached visor, but you can also use your own goggles if you prefer. Just unscrew the visor and use the strap retainer at the back of the helmet to keep your goggles secure. This feature makes this helmet even more versatile.
- Excellent value
- Provides decent protection
- Comfortable and light
- Easy to adjust
- Suitable for spectacle wearers
- Not as robust as other more expensive helmets
While this helmet will protect your head, the helmet itself won’t survive more than a few impacts. That’s the nature of cheaper helmets. But, for the price, this light and comfortable helmet is a tough product to beat.
Salomon Kids Grom
- Convenience: visor helmet with integrated Salomon exclusive lens technology flash tonic orange S2 (VLT 22%). never lose your goggles again
- Adjustable fit: custom dial is a quick, easy and effective adjustment system
- Lightweight : in-mold shell design keeps the weight down for less stress on their young bodies
Kids have an expensive habit of losing things – like their ski goggles. With this product, the goggles are built-in, so they can’t accidentally be left behind. Plus, this lightweight helmet will protect your kids’ eyes and head no matter how adventurous they are!
- Lightweight, in-mold ABS construction
- Adjustable for a better fit and to allow for growth
- Easy to operate flip-up visor with orange lens
- OTG design for spectacle wearers
This well-priced helmet is perfect for children. It’s very light, so it won’t stress growing bones and muscles, but still provides more than enough vital protection. The orange visor lens enhances low-light visibility but also provides protection from snow glare.
- Perfect for growing kids
- Very robust
- Light and comfortable
- The lining is not removable for washing
- No replacement visor lens available
Kids aren’t always as careful with their gear as they should be. If your child damages the visor in this helmet, it cannot be replaced. That’s a shame because, other than this drawback, this helmet is all-but ideal for keeping your kid safe on your next skiing trip.
Protective helmets have become the norm for a lot of potentially hazardous activities. This has resulted in a significant reduction in serious head injuries and fatalities. Helmets USED to be big, heavy, and uncomfortable. It’s no wonder so many people were resistant to wearing them!
Modern snow sports helmets are almost unrecognizable to those of the past. They’re light, comfortable, and compact, and they look pretty cool too. Most are ventilated, so you won’t overheat, no matter how hard you are skiing or boarding.
Ski helmets with visors save you from carrying a separate pair of goggles and provide complete protection against the sun, snow glare, icy winds, and, of course, impacts. They are usually more accommodating for spectacle wearers too. Close-fitting goggles don’t always fit over prescription glasses.
Whatever your budget is, we’ve found the best ski helmet and visor for you. Whichever one you chose, you can relax with the knowledge that your chosen helmet will provide you with all the protection you need.
Visit the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more expert product reviews.
Ski Helmet with Visor
Choosing the best ski helmet with a built-in visor is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- Bollé Might
- Salomon Driver S
- Giro Essence Womens
- Salomon Kids Grom