With all the comfort we experience in our modern lives, it’s easy to forget that our lives depend on a tenuous supply of goods, services, and energy, that could all be gone in a second due to natural disaster, war, or a terrorist attack. For example, did you know that the average grocery store only carries a three-day supply of food? That puts many people one earthquake or flood away from a survival situation.
In the event that you have to trust your life to your survival gadgets, it’s important to have the best survival gear available.
There’s a rule of thumb called the “Rule of Threes” that states:
- You can survive for three minutes without air.
- You can survive for three hours without shelter (in bad weather).
- You can survive for three days without water (less in the desert).
- You can survive for three weeks without food.
Assuming you can breathe – sorry, we can’t help you there – we’re going to tackle your needs in that order, from shelter to water to food to general tools and complete kits.
Best Survival Gear
1. Go Time Gear Life Tent
Go Time Gear
$19.99 in stock
- Compact Emergency Shelter: The Go Time Gear Life Tent is a weatherproof 2-person tent made from tear and puncture-resistant PET mylar with an interior that reflects 90% of your body heat. You’ll stay warm and dry in wind, rain, and snow. Ideal in any backpack while camping and hiking or even a car survival kit.
- Waterproof and Windproof: Our emergency storm shelter weighs just 8.7oz and packs down fast in a 5.25” x 3.25” stuff sack. Our reusable survival kit allows you to escape the elements and winter weather without weighing you down.
- Quick Set-Up: Our thermal emergency tube tent sets up fast between trees. Weigh it down with rocks or gear for extra stability. If no trees are available, wrap it around yourself as an emergency sleeping bag, blanket, bivvy bag, or bivvy sack.
- 120 Decibel Whistle and 20FT Paracord Included: Engineered for emergencies, our Life Tent includes a 120-decibel whistle to alert rescuers up to 1-mile away. The 550lb nylon core Para-Synch drawstring can also be used to tie down or repair gear and backpacking supplies.
- Go Time Gear Has Your Back: In an uncertain world, our life tent is an essential, reliable piece of equipment for your hiking gear, earthquake kit, survival pack, or even bug out bag. If you’re not satisfied, let us know and we’ll make it right.
The Go Time Gear Life Tent is a 2-person emergency shelter that includes paracord and an emergency whistle.
- 2-person emergency tent
- Water and windproof
- Weighs 8.7 ounces
- Packs down to a 5.25” x 3.25” stuff sack
- Includes 20 feet of paracord and an emergency whistle
The Go Time Gear Life Tent is designed as a true emergency shelter. Essentially, it sets up as a simple A-frame tent with a 20-foot paracord that can be strung between two trees for hanging it. It’s made out of the same material as your standard space blanket, and reflects 90 percent of your body heat back inside. That said, it’s not as sturdy as other models, and is only good for a night or two.
- Compact and lightweight
- Reflects 90% of your body heat
- Limited durability
If you need a shelter to last a night or two in an emergency, this tent is a solid choice.
2. Aqua Quest Defender Tarp
Aqua Quest Defender Tarp
- THE DEFENDER 7 x 10 (Medium) Tarp has finished dimensions of 9’7 x 6’7″. It has 21 tie-outs, weighs 2.4 lbs and provides up to 64 ft2 of coverage. This size is ideal for quick and simple pitches that serve fundamental shelter needs. Can accommodate up to 2 users. Stuff-sack included.
- 100% WATERPROOF, the Defender tarp is dual-coated for an industry-leading waterproof rating of 20,000 mm, which will keep you dry even in the most extreme weather
- DURABLE materials and construction make the Defender our toughest tarp, built to endure across challenging conditions for extended periods
- ADAPTABLE and portable, the Defender offers a multitude of pitch options while packing down to a modest size
- LIFETIME WARRANTY included on all AquaQuest Products, with knowledgeable and responsive Customer Service based in the Pacific Northwest
The Aqua Quest Defender Tarp is a rugged survival tarp that can withstand the elements for up to a year.
- Heavy-duty tarp with tie outs on corners and edges
- Available in 4 sizes
- Available in olive or camo
- Includes a matching stuff sack
For people who need a more reliable – or larger – emergency tarp, the Aqua Quest Defender Tarp is a great choice. It’s available in multiple sizes, from a single-person 10’ x 7’ version all the way up to a family-sized 15’ x 15’ version. It has tie outs along both ground-side edges, as well as on the corners and peaks. The largest version weighs only 4 pounds, which is very light considering the size.
- Rugged, durable design
- Lightweight for the size
- Can be ordered large enough for four people
- Does not include any hardware
If you want a tarp that’s big enough to cover the whole family, you’re looking at it.
3. ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian
ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian
- There’s no assembly frustration with our Tasmanian Tent series, this aluminum, free-standing pole system is ideal for a quick setup
- Polyester fly will resist water and UV rays while adding two vestibules for extra storage
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors, both with zippered mesh windows
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers mesh storage pockets gear loft aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 5’2 x 7’8, Center Height: 46″, Total Weight: 7 lbs. 10 oz. , Minimum Weight: 6 lbs. 11 oz. , Color: Copper/Rust
The ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2-Person Tent provides excellent elemental protection at the expense of some added weight.
- Polyester tent with aluminum poles
- 2-person capacity
- 34.5 square foot interior, with 13 square foot vestibule
- Packs in a 19” x 6.5” stuff sack
- Weighs 7 pounds, 15 ounces
The ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2-Person Tent wouldn’t be in our kit if we lived south of the Mason-Dixon line. But if your local temperature sometimes dips down to polar bear-friendly temperatures, you’ll need a four-season tent. The downside? It weighs twice as much as even a heavy tarp.
- Ideal for cold weather
- Excellent wind and rain protection
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Relatively large and heavy
Survival in icy weather is no joke; the Tasmanian tent can handle it.
Double Camping Hammock
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE BAG: Know your options before spending even a single dollar on such essential travel gear. MoMo Outdoors Hammock is a complete kit that contains everything you need to set up your hammock easily. The package includes the hammock, premium friendly tree straps (9 FT, 13 loops), heavy duty aluminum carabiners and step by step instructions guide booklet.
- SET IT UP IN 2 MINUTES: Save yourself the time and aggravation of ropes and cheap carabiners to set up your hammock. Pack this hammock in your backpack and you can forget about all that hassle! With MoMo Outdoors Hammock all you’ll need are two trees or poles to set up your hammock in a jiffy! Wrap and tighten the straps around the trees, connect your hammock with the carabiners to the loops that serves your needs and you are ready to swing away in nature’s arms!
- THIS HAMMOCK IS PERFECT FOR TWO! The hammock is 118 inches long and 78 inches wide: large enough for two adults or 3-4 kids. The 210T Ripstop nylon fabric is so durable and trustworthy, that it is even used for skydiving parachutes! Swing away in your hammock without worrying about crashing to the ground, as this hammock holds up to 450 lbs!
- PORTABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: You can take it anywhere. This waterproof accessory weighs only 2 lbs! Pack it up into the compact compression stuff sack (5x5x9 inch) for maximum portability and take it along to a festivals, sports event, the beach, camp sites and parks or simply use it in your own backyard.
- GREAT GIFT AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Adults, kids, women, men, couples – all say they LOVE IT! This cool packable hammock bundle is a great present for tent campers, hikers, backpackers, beach & camp sites visitors or for people who can just hanging and relaxing on it indoor inside their own patio, yard or garden. It makes a useful gift for mom, dad, sister, brother, daughter or any other person in your life. To ensure satisfaction we offer a 100% money back guarantee, no questions asked.
The MoMo Outdoors Lightweight Double Camping Hammock is a comfy hammock that’s easy to set up and weighs only 2 pounds.
- Polyester camping hammock
- 2-person capacity
- 450-pound capacity
- Weighs only 2 pounds
- Packs into a 9” x 5” x 5” stuff sack
- Includes hanging straps and carabineers
- Comes in 4 colors
The MoMo Outdoors Lightweight Double Camping Hammock is a great choice for anyone who lives in a warm, dry climate.
It’s comfortable, it sets up in minutes, and it’s lighter weight than a tarp. On the other hand, it provides no protection whatsoever from rain or cold. Depending on your climate, this may be a serious concern.
- Very comfortable
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Limited protection from the elements
This double hammock is a comfortable solution if you live in a dry climate like southern California.
5. Tact Bivvy
$19.97 in stock
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT COMPACT SLEEPING BAG: Made out of ultra-lightweight HeatEcho reflective polyester film, this thermal survival blanket sleeping bag weighs just 4.8 ounces. It also compresses into a tiny oversized stuff sack, so you can reuse and carry our emergency sleeping bags with your survival kit everywhere you go. Use as a sleeping bag liner and raise your body temperature by 20°!
- MADE FOR EMERGENCIES: The bright orange color of this light weight sleeping bag cover helps rescuers identify you with ease. Plus, the HeatEcho material reflects 90% of your body’s heat back to you, making it an essential survival tool and addition to your bug out bag, emergency shelter, camping gear or car emergency kit.
- INCREDIBLY DURABLE: 100% WATERPROOF: For its weight and thinness, these sleeping bags will surprise you with their strength. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, but large enough for a 7-foot person. The material ensures these sacks are tear-resistant, windproof, AND waterproof. Plus, these emergency Tact Bivvy bags feature reinforced taped seams, creating weather-resistant barriers between you and the frigid cold.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: The drawstring is actually para-tinder paracord, so you can use it to tie down your gear or expose the tinder cord and use it as a fire starter! On the end of the drawstring you will find a 120-decibel whistle for emergencies, and a carabiner so you can clip it to your bag or pack. Be prepared don’t forget to add this emergency outdoor thermal sleeping bag on your emergency kit.
- PREPARING MADE EASY: Survival Frog has over 10 years of experience in the industry and is one of the largest and most trusted sources for survival and preparedness products online. We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to prepare for potential threats with at least a 72-hour supply of the essentials.
The Survival Frog Tact Bivvy is an emergency outdoor sleeping bag, also known as a bivouac sack.
- Single-person portable bivouac sack
- Polyester shell with space blanket lining
- Reinforced stitches
- Packs into a 4” x 2.5” x 2.5” stuff sack
- Weighs 4.8 ounces
- Built-in emergency whistle and tinder paracord
The Survival Frog Tact Bivvy is one of the top survival gear products online in terms of popularity. That should come as no surprise, considering that it’s about the same weight and size as a two-pack of playing card decks.
Not only can you keep this little bag in your survival kit, but you can also stow one in your car, boat, or camping kit in case you ever run into a less catastrophic emergency.
- Extremely small and lightweight
- Paracord can be shredded and used as tinder
- Not suitable for long-term use
This affordable little bivvy bag will keep you warm and dry for a night or two.
6. Sawyer Products
$18.30 in stock
1 used from $16.21
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and International travel, and emergency preparedness
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2 ounces; 100% of MINI units individually tested three times to performance standards by Sawyer
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; includes one Sawyer MINI filter, 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
The Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System is a portable 16-ounce water filter that removes 99.99999% of bacteria.
- Compact water filter
- Cleans 16 ounces at a time
- Weighs 2 ounces
- Rated up to 100,000 gallons
- Attaches to standard threaded hydration packs
- Also includes a straw for drinking directly, or for pouring
- Available singly, or in a 2 or 4-pack
The Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System is a powerful, portable water filter that’s designed to supply up to 16 ounces at a time. It consists of a bladder, which you fill with water. Then you attach the filter cylinder to the top and squeeze the bag to push the water through the filter.
You can either screw the filter onto a hydration pack, attach the included straw, or simply squirt the water into a camping pan for cooking or cleaning.
- Compatible with hydration packs
- Can be poured into any container
- Complex to use
This lightweight water filter can be used to pour water out for cooking or cleaning, as well as drinking.
$17.47 in stock
- Removes Bacteria & Parasites: The Microfiltration Membrane Removes 99.999999% Of Waterborne Bacteria (Including E. Coli And Salmonella), And 99.999% Of Waterborne Parasites (Including Giardia And Cryptosporidium)
- Removes Microplastics: Removes The Smallest Microplastics Found In The Environment (Down To 1 Micron), And Reduces Turbidity Down To 0.2 Microns
- Rigorous Testing: All Claims Are Verified With Laboratories Using Standard Testing Protocols Set By The Us Epa, Nsf, Astm For Water Purifiers
- Long Lifetime: The Microbiological Filter Will Provide 4,000 Liters (1,000 Gallons) Of Clean And Safe Drinking Water With Proper Use And Maintenance
- Make An Impact: For Every Lifestraw Product Purchased, A School Child In Need Receives Safe Drinking Water For An Entire School Year.Bpa Free Materials
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is exactly what it sounds like; an extra-wide, filtered straw that allows you to drink crystal clear water from a muddy puddle.
- Compact personal water filter
- Rated up to 264 gallons
- Weighs 2 ounces
- Available in a 1, 2, or 3-pack
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is a compact water filter that works like a straw. As you suck the water through, it gets filtered out, removing particles – and bacteria! – down to a single micron in diameter. This is enough to remove over 99.9999% of bacteria, and 99.99% of protozoa.
The downside? There’s no way to pump water through this filter or to pour the clean water into a container. It’s a great emergency survival tool, but its uses are limited.
- Easy to use
- Compact and easy to carry
- Only useful for one person’s drinking water
If you’re looking to put together essential survival gear for yourself only, this personal water filter is a good choice.
$10.99 in stock
- DRINKING WATER, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE – Aquatabs are the world’s most popular tablet and the ultimate choice for portable water treatment tablets. Removes 99.9999% of Bacteria, 99.99% of Viruses, and 99.9% of Cysts (Giardia).
- FEEL SAFE OUT THERE – Aquatabs are an excellent solution for purifying water while backpacking, camping, hiking, traveling, or in emergency survival situations. Simply add one 49mg Aquatabs tablet into .75-2 liters of water and wait 30 minutes.
- BE BETTER PREPARED – These drinking water purification tablets are small and lightweight making them easy to store in a disaster kit or bugout bag. They are individually sealed in foil strips designed to ensure longevity.
- ENJOY GREAT TASTING WATER EVERY TIME – Aquatabs-treated water has no unpleasant taste, color, or odor unlike iodine-based products. Pair Aquatabs water purifying tablets with a water filtration system to treat water from sediment heavy sources.
- TAKE ON THE WILDERNESS – Backpackers and campers who drink untreated backcountry water are at a higher risk of ingesting parasites and bacteria. When hiking outdoors, it’s best to come prepared. Trust in Aquatabs for all of your safe water needs! Expiration Date: March 2027
Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets are basic chlorine tablets that purify half a gallon of water apiece.
- Water disinfection tablets
- 1 tablet treats up to half a gallon
- Weighs 0.32 ounces
Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets are basic, old-school chlorine tablets for disinfecting your water. They’ll kill just about all microorganisms, but they won’t remove particulates. As a result, you can get water in about 30 minutes from a clear source.
But if you’re collecting muddy or turbid water, you’ll need to gather it first in one container, wait about 30 minutes for the particulates to settle, then drain off the top to obtain clear water for purification.
- Small enough to fit in your back pocket
- Kills virtually all bacteria and protozoa
- No unpleasant taste
- Takes about an hour to purify your water
These water purification tablets are old-school, but they’re still just as effective as ever.
9. Klean Kanteen
- Slim design fits in most cup holders
- High performance vacuum insulation
- Does not retain or impart flavors
- Easy to Clean (rounded corners)
- Durable, double-wall construction
The Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Bottle is a single-walled canteen that can be used for transporting or boiling your water with equal ease.
- Single-walled stainless steel canteen
- 20-ounce capacity
- Weighs 10.24 ounces
The Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Bottle is a 20-ounce stainless steel canteen with a soft plastic lid. It’s relatively lightweight at only 10.24 ounces and features a single wall. For most applications, this is a downside, since it means the canteen will not keep hot drinks hot or cold drinks cold.
But for survival, this is a huge plus. You want to be able to boil water to sterilize it in a pinch, and a single-walled water bottle does this nicely. Compare this to a double-walled thermos, which will explode if you set it over the fire.
- Durable construction
- Large, wide mouth
- Can be used for boiling water
- Retains some flavor
This water bottle can be used for boiling, another effective method of water purification.
- Multi-functional canteen kit, made of 304 stainless steel, studry & durable. Quality seal ring in canteen cap, easy to carry without leaking. Perfect for campers, hikers or survivalist. Ideal for camping, hiking, outdoor survival & adventures.
- Canteen Size: 5.1 * 3.1 * 7.3 inch. Cup Size: 5.2 * 3.1 * 3.9 inch. Materials Thickness: 0.24 inch. Capacity: 0.8 L/1.2 L/1.0 L. Model: 3 different model for your choice.
- The canteen can be direct or indirect fired heating. Convenient used for cooking food or boiling water. (Please remove the canteen cap & chain before heating)
- Military style storage bag, nylon material, with snap closure & quick release buckle, keep canteen tightly secured.
- 100% Quality assurance, free replacement parts & damaged item. Please contact us if you have any problem about product. We will serve wholeheartedly for you.
The TargetEvo Stainless Steel Military Canteen can be used for carrying your water, while you can remove the cup for drinking soup or other beverages.
- Stainless steel canteen with removable thermal wrap
- 32-ounce capacity
- Removable 16-ounce cup
- Removable cap and chain
- Measures 5.2” x 3.1” x 7.3”
- Weighs 1.1 pounds
The TargetEvo Stainless Steel Military Canteen is a 32-ounce canteen that nests inside a 16-ounce cup. The whole package can then be slipped inside a green thermal wrap, which helps retain warmth – or cold – inside the canteen.
Both the canteen and the cup can be used for boiling. Obviously, the cup is preferable for this purpose, with its large extended handle. However, if you want to use the canteen for boiling and sterilization, make sure you remove the cap and chain first so the cap doesn’t melt.
- Can be used for drinking, transport, or cooking
- Provides some thermal protection
- Canteen can also be used for boiling
- Chintzy thermal wrap
We tend to avoid military survival gear that’s marketed for the tacticool crowd, but this canteen is the real deal.
11. Stansport 360
$19.64 in stock
3 used from $12.48
- SAFE TO USE DINNERWARE: This metal mess kit includes 1 boiling pot with lid, 1 frying pan with locking handle, and 1 stainless steel plate. They’re all made of rugged, high-quality stainless steel with copper bottoms for uniform heat distribution.
- PERFECT TRAVEL COOKWARE: This 3-piece set nests together and packs into its own included nylon mesh cover. Individually sized for any outdoor adventure like hiking, camping, or tailgating, this kit fits in your backpack, bag, or survival gear.
- SLEEK AND STYLISH: You can never go wrong with the beauty and durability of stainless steel, and this kit is sure to make the pots and pans in your kitchen jealous!
- COMPACT MAGIC: Look no further boys and girls, this steel mess kit sets compactly together so there is no need for a surplus of dinnerware when you’re traveling or on-the-go. It makes it easier than ever to cook a full meal and quickly clean it up.
- USE WITH OTHER COOKING ACCESSORIES: This lightweight cooking equipment pairs perfectly with other cooking supplies such as pots, pans, dishes, plates, bowls, utensils. The world is your kitchen with this Mess Kit, which can be used on any stove.
The Stansport 360 Stainless Steel Mess Kit’s copper bottom pans provide excellent heat distribution.
- 3-piece stainless steel copper-bottomed cooking kit
- 24-ounce boiling pot with lid
- 6.25-inch frying pan
- 6-inch stainless steel plate
- Measures 7” in diameter and 2.8” tall when fully nested
- Weighs 1.2 pounds
The Stansport 360 Stainless Steel Mess Kit is a 3-piece cooking and eating kit that includes a frying pan, a small boiling pot, and a 6-inch plate. Obviously, a kit this size isn’t going to prepare a meal for the whole family – at least, you’ll need to cook a few batches – but do you really have space for a giant Dutch oven in your bug-out kit?
At the end of the day, the best survival kit is one you can realistically carry on your back, and this kit fits the bill in that regard.
- Compact, nested design
- Rugged and durable
- Excellent heat distribution
- Only sized for one person
This mess kit includes everything you need to prepare a meal. Just add food.
12. Titanium Spork
Light My Fire Camping Spork
- The Light My Fire Titanium Spork is an outdoor eating utensil that is both extremely durable and lightweight. Made from one of the toughest alloys on the planet, titanium, the spork offers excellent resiliency and will not break no matter how many times it is dropped or stepped on.
- The Spork Titanium is the perfect companion for backpacking, traveling, and everyday use. With its non-toxic material, the spork offers no metallic taste and is safe to use with food as it is 100% BPA free.
- Weighing only 0.67 Oz, the Spork Titanium is incredibly lightweight and easy to carry, making it the perfect travel cutlery for outdoor activities and backpacking.
- Heat-Resistant and Easy to Clean: The Spork Titanium can withstand boiling water and is easy to clean by simply rinsing it under water. It is also dishwasher safe, making it convenient to use and maintain.
- The Spork Titanium is BPA-free and made from a virgin source of titanium.
The Light my Fire Titanium Spork has a spoon on one end and a fork on the other.
- 2-sided spork
- Titanium construction
- 6.75 inches long
- Weighs 0.7 ounces
The Light my Fire Titanium Spork is a cut above your average camping spork. It’s constructed from titanium, one of Earth’s most durable metals, and it weighs almost nothing. It also has a curved, ergonomic design that’s easy to hold. What else is there to say? It’s a spork.
- Ergonomic design
- Very durable
- Very lightweight
- It’s expensive for a spork
Unless you feel like eating with your hands, you’ll need some utensils.
13. Fire Starter
- ✅ DISCOVER THE BEST FERRO ROD WITH A G-10 HANDLE: When it comes to carefully engineer ferro rods, our ferrocerium rod stands alone. We have decided to add a superior-quality G10 handle that will enhance grip and improve durability.
- START A FIRE ANYWHERE WITH ZERO HASSLE: Our versatile, lightweight and highly portable fire striker kit will become your go-to fire starting tool for your next backpacking, camping, hunting, fishing, trekking or hiking adventures.
- ✅ PREMIUM CRAFTSMANSHIP WILL LAST FOR YEARS: Unlike all those cheaply-made fire starters that fall apart after a few uses, our hardto-break, sturdy and easy-to-use fire-starter rod will endure any abuse without skipping a beat.
- SPOIL YOUR LOVED ONES WITH A UNIQUE GIFT: Our 3-in-1 firestarter set comes with a ferro scraper that can double as a ruler or bottle opener and military-grade paracord in a deluxe gift box, ready to surprise your loved ones.
- ✅ GET YOUR ULTIMATE FERRO ROD KIT 100% RISK-FREE: In the improbable case that you are not 100% fired-up with your luxurious ferro rod kit, we promise to offer you a prompt and full refund on-thespot! What are you waiting for?
The Holtzman’s Premium Ferro Rod is a 6-inch flint and steel kit for striking up a fire anywhere.
- 6-Inch Ferrocerium rod with steel striker
- Comfortable G10 nylon handle
- Built-in bottle opener
- Weighs 8.8 ounces
Now that you’ve got some cooking utensils, you’ll need to light a fire. That’s where the Holtzman’s Premium Ferro Rod comes in. The Ferrocerium rod is a synthetic material that lights up hotter and easier than magnesium.
Scrape this rod with the steel striker, and you’ll be rewarded with a shower of 3,000-degree sparks. It also features a comfortable, ergonomic G10 nylon grip.
- Comfortable grip
- Start a fire without a lighter or matches
Controlling fire was the greatest technological advancement in the history of mankind; you need a fire-starter in your kit.
- Used by all branches of military and service members
- Black utility knife with partially serrated edge
- Man made Kraton G handle fits comfortably in the hand;Easy-to-sharpen blade made of 1095 Cro-Van steel
- 20-degree edge angle; 7-inch blade length
- Overall length 11.875-inch;weighs 0.7 pounds
The Ka-Bar USA Fighting Knife is poorly named; while you can certainly fight with it in an emergency, its primary purpose is as a survival tool.
- 7-inch carbon steel clip point blade
- 11.875-inch overall length
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon handle
- Bottom third of blade is serrated
- Hard plastic belt sheath
- Weighs 0.65 pounds
The Ka-Bar USA Fighting Knife
- Sharp, stays sharp, easy to sharpen
- Cuts, slices, or stabs with equal ease
- Tough, easy-to-grip handle
- Prone to corrosion
Keep this blade oiled, and it’s the best, most durable survival knife on the planet.
15. SOG Camp Axe
SOG Camp Axe
$44.95 in stock
- STAINLESS STEEL CHOPPING AXE BLADE: Small forest axe, camping hatchet and backpacking hatchet features a 3.1-inch blade; small hatchet measures 11.5 inches in total length
- LIGHTWEIGHT CAMPING AXES AND HATCHETS: This light but heavy duty camp hatchet and survival hatchet also serves as a handy backpacking axe; hand axe includes textured GRN handle for comfortable use
- WOOD HATCHET AND HAMMER AXE IN ONE: Wood chopping axe can also be used as a hammer axe; the hatchet is always ready for outdoor wood splitting, pounding tent stakes, and tinder breakdown
- CAMPING HATCHET WITH SHEATH: This small axe and hiking hatchet is lightweight and easy to carry; hand axe with sheath is a portable outdoor tool featuring glass-reinforced nylon to safely protect the blade
- SOG for life: Take care of your camp axes and hatchets and we’ll take care of you; we gladly consider repairs and replacements for your properly maintained SOG Camp Axe
The SOG Camp Axe is a hammer and a hatchet in one convenient package.
- Hatchet/hammer combo
- 3.1-inch stainless steel blade
- 11.5-inch overall length
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon handle
- Includes a fiberglass-reinforced nylon belt sheath
- Weighs 1.01 pounds
The SOG Camp Axe is a well-balanced survival hatchet with a large, rectangular hammer head on the back. The axe blade arrives very sharp, and the fiberglass-reinforced nylon handle provides a secure, comfortable grip. The weight balance is excellent; you can strike relatively hard without exerting a lot of effort.
A word of caution, though; the sheath has a very tight fit. Be careful not to cut your fingers while you’re slipping it over the blade.
- Durable and sharp
- Excellent weight balance
- Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- Sheath is hard to put on
Whether you’re chopping kindling or hammering in tent stakes, this camping hatchet will get the job done.
$37.99 in stock
2 used from $31.01
- Warm Prompt: Fishing rod + reel (No Lures & Line) include Only Include 1 Fishing Rod +1 Fishing Reel.
- Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass makes your fishing pole hard & durable.
- Stainless Steel Hooded Reel Seat is anti-seawater corrosion; EVA Fore Grip for comfort. The telescopic fishing rod is portable, and closed length design is convenient carrying around. Power: Medium.
- Instant anti-reverse; Power drive gears equipped for high strength. Deep aluminium spool with double color and one line hole; More short body with large spool and large line capacity. Line capacity: mm/M 0.20/240 0.25/200 0.30/140. Model: HA 3000; Gear ratio: 5.2:1.
- It’s the best gift to send father, husband，fiance, boyfriend for the upcoming Father’s Day. Want to buy single rod or single reel? Please search the ASIN: B07FT29RJS or B07YFP8KV3.
The Plusinno Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel can be used for catching trout, bass, or anything else you can catch with a regular fishing rod.
- Telescoping design with removable reel
- Flexible, powerful carbon fiber rod
- Instant anti-reverse
- Corrosion resistant
- Available in 3 sizes
The Plusinno Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel is a collapsible fishing rod and reel that’s designed to be carried in a small backpack. Depending on what size you buy, it can collapse down to 17 inches in length. And while it’s not the smallest piece of survivalist gear in your kit, it can deliver more than its weight in fish on a daily basis.
As with our rifle though, we should point out the obvious: food is a lower priority than water or shelter, so worry about adding fishing supplies to your kit only after you’re well set up with those more pressing concerns.
- Easy to assemble
- Great way to add protein to your diet
- Also a great fishing rod for everyday purposes
- Requires tackle or bait (more weight)
Live near a body of water? Use this fishing rod it as a food source!
- 【Compact Size, Oversized Power】- You won’t find a tougher shovel than the FiveJoy RS shovel. Made from ultra-durable, water and rust-resistant heavy-duty carbon steel, this multitool was built to last as long as you do. 20.6″ long, with a 5.7″ wide and 7″ high shovel head offers an extra surface area for entrenching, digging sand/snow/mud/dirt/chopping ice/branches. At only 2.16lbs in weight, it’s perfect to fold up and include in your emergency bag and bug-out bag.
- 【All-In-One Survival Tool Set】- This is the one tool true survivalists and must have in their arsenal for taking on the outdoors. Use the multifunctional tools for basic functions such as a shovel, hoe, ax, saw, hammer. Unscrew the connecting tubes to reveal the hidden rescue knife and saw, emergency whistle, bottle opener, and fire starter. The hollow handle and extension tubes also make great places to store emergency items.
- 【Versatile】- Amazingly lightweight and portable, this sturdy folding trench shovel is convenient to store in a car/ vehicle for snow days and unexpected emergencies. Attach the carrying case to your belt for easy access while on the trail. Add extension tubes for increased length and leverage.
- 【Incomparable Quality & Design】- Thoughtfully engineered slip and sweatproof handle optimizes comfort, control, and leverages all glove types to minimize hand fatigue. Comfortable and ergonomic to use as a recreational garden shovel, camping shovel, or on your backcountry and cross the country trips. A unique lock structure makes it simple to alternate functions. Spade can be used at 30°, 85°, or 180° angle as hook, hoe, or shovel.
- 【Virtually Indestructible】- Made with heat-treated, high quality, solid carbon steel and aerospace-grade aluminum for maximum strength and lifetime durability. Be prepared and ready for any situation. Go ahead- put it to the test!
The FiveJoy Military Folding Shovel helps you to bury waste, dig up roots, or even hoe a garden patch.
- Carbon steel camp shovel
- Can be opened halfway to use as a hoe
- Interchangeable knife and saw tips
- Measures 13.63” x 5.75” when collapsed (unfolds to 20.63”)
- Built-in whistle and magnesium rod
- Weighs 3 pounds
- Optional handle extensions available
The FiveJoy Military Folding Shovel is a foldable camp shovel that can also be locked halfway open and used as a hoe. It’s engineered from durable carbon steel and measures 13.63 inches long when collapsed.
This short handle can use some extending if you want to apply serious leverage. For that, FiveJoy offers a pair of lightweight handle extensions that increase the full length to a more serviceable 34 inches.
- Versatile design
- Very durable
- Comfortable padded handle
Whether you’re burying coals or covering up your own waste, a camp shovel is a useful tool when you’re roughing it.
3 used from $59.99
- ONE OF OUR BEST: A classic, designed and assembled with premium materials; The Wingman is your go-to tool for projects around the house, on the job or at the campsite
- 14 TOOLS IN 1: Equipped with 14 tools to handle almost anything: knife, pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters, a wire stripper, scissors, a package opener, bottle and can openers, a file and a ruler
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
- ONE-HAND OPENING: Open all the tools with one hand, even the ones that aren’t accessible from the outside; And with a locking blade, you can cut with confidence
- ALWAYS ON HAND: With its compact size, lightweight design and removable pocket clip, your Wingman is always within reach and ready to work
The Leatherman Wingman Multitool is a 14-tool multi-tool that’s as reliable as you’d expect from Leatherman.
- Foldable multi-tool
- Stainless steel construction
- 14 tools
- Opens with one hand
- Measures 3.8” x 1” x 2” when folded
- Weighs 8.8 ounces
The Leatherman Wingman Multitool features 14 different tools, including pliers, a wire cutter, a knife, scissors, a package opener, a bottle and can opener, and Philips and standard screwdrivers. It opens easily with the flick of your wrist, and the blade is on the outside so you don’t need to open the unit at all to access the knife.
The Wingman comes with Leatherman’s 25-year warranty.
- Blade arrives sharp
- Opens easily
- 25-year limited warranty
- Uncomfortable grip
Rather than carry a small toolbox in your survival bag, a multi-tool is a lighter, smarter solution.
19. Kaito KA500
- 6-way powered portable emergency radio with hand crank generator, solar panel, compartment for 3 AA batteries (not included), 5V USB input, 5V AC/DC input with a wall power adapter (sold separately), built-in NiMH replaceable and rechargeable battery pack
- Comprehensive coverage of AM, FM, 2-band shortwave and 7 pre-programmed NOAA weather channels for entertainment, sports, talk-shows, breaking news around the world, and 24/7 real-time weather forecast (USA and Canada ONLY) with PEAS (Public Emergency Alert System)
- Works as an emergency mobile battery charger with built-in standard DC 5V USB output port for charging mobile devices, such as smart phones, GPS units, MP3 players, digital cameras, and etc. Other features include a 5-LED reading lamp, LED flashlight and a red LED S.O.S. beacon light
- Telescopic antenna extends up to 14.5″ for high sensitivity reception assisted by advanced semiconductor circuitry design and LED signal strength indicator for pin-point tuning accuracy, and built-in speaker delivers loud and crispy sound
- Made of strong premium impact-resistant and water-resistant ABS material, suitable for both indoors home/office use and outdoors recreational activities
The Kaito 5-way Powered Emergency Radio will receive any emergency broadcast on any relevant brand.
- Portable emergency radio
- Battery pack charges by hand crank, solar panel, micro USB, or 5V AC/DC
- Receives FM, AM, NOAA, Shortwave 1, and Shortwave 2
- Measures 8.25” x 5” x 2.25”
- Weighs 1.6 pounds
- Available in 5 colors
The Kaito 5-way Powered Emergency Radio has an internal battery pack that can be charged in a variety of ways. You can plug it into your wall outlet during normal times. In a survival system, the hand crank and solar panel will provide enough juice to check in on emergency broadcasts from time to time.
- Lightweight and compact
- Receives all relevant emergency signals
- Never without a power source
- Not rain-proof
This emergency radio will never run out of juice, making it perfect for use after a natural disaster.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: The Solar charger made by SUNPOWER highly efficient solar cells convert up to 22% of solar power into free energy. The charger just utilizes the natural sunlight to charge your device, like a Cellphone and Ipad simultaneously, It¡¯s a green charger without battery and not too heavy to carry.
The Eceen Solar Charger Panel allows you to power your cell phone, GPS, or other USB devices without the need for an external power source.
- 2 USB ports
- 5V/1.5A power output
- Weighs 12.8 ounces
- Nylon/poly shell zippers shut
- Folded dimensions: 11.5 x 6 x 0.5 inches
The Eceen Solar Charger Panel is a compact, 10-watt solar panel that’s designed to charge a pair of USB devices. When it’s zipped shut, it’s very durable, and can keep the solar cells dry during a rainstorm. It provides only 1.5 Amps for each USB port, which is less than you’ll get from most USB ports.
Then again, you’re not buying this to go glamping. You’re buying it for an emergency, which means that small size and lightweight design are more important than raw power.
- Only pushes 1.5 amps
This solar charger panel is designed for backpacking, and zips shut for easy storage.
21. Sustain Supply Co.
Sustain Supply Co.
$96.45 in stock
- 72-HOUR SURVIVAL KITS – The first 72 hours after disaster are the most critical, making it essential to have an emergency kit with all the supplies, gear, nutrition, and water needed for the comfortable survival of two people
- SUPERIOR QUALITY EMERGENCY BAG – Survival backpacks include 2 Mainstay non perishable food bars, 1 Aqua Literz 33.8oz Emergency Water Pouch, 2 water filtration straws, 4 Cyalume SnapLights, 2 blankets, 2 whistles, 1 LED lantern, 1 first aid kit, 1 pack of 8 bath wipes, and a 50 foot Paracord bundle
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR ANY DISASTER – Sustain Supply Go Bag contains hurricane preparedness items, power outage supplies, earthquake emergency kit essentials, nuclear survival kit gear, and other doomsday prepping supplies for your home, car, office, or bomb shelter
- SURVIVAL BACKPACK WITH LIGHT SOURCE EQUIPMENT – Be ready for power outages with a bug out bag survival kit that includes an LED lantern and 4 SnapLights that do not require batteries to illuminate the night even during an apocalypse
- ULTIMATE FIRST AID AND FOOD SURVIVAL KIT – Emergency backpack includes a variety of basic first aid supplies with a healthcare guide along with bags of basic rations for emergency meals, boxes of water, and Sustain Survival drinking straws for tactical hydration
The Sustain Supply Co. Essential 2-Person Emergency Survival Bag is designed to support two people for 72 hours.
- 2-person, 72-hour survival kit
- Includes water, a filter straw, 2 emergency blankets, emergency rations, a first aid kit, a small knife, a lantern, 50 feet of paracord, bath wipes, and 2 emergency whistles
- Weighs 10 pounds
The Sustain Supply Co. Essential 2-Person Emergency Survival Bag is an all-in-one survival kit that includes everything two people need to survive for three days. You’ll have a water filter, emergency rations, and emergency blankets to keep warm if the power goes out.
In a shelter-in-place situation, this kit will get you through with no issues.
- Plenty of calories and water
- Good quality knife, paracord, and lantern
- Lackluster first aid kit
- Lantern batteries not included
If you want the bare minimum in a single package, this emergency survival kit will keep you walking and breathing.
22. Reebow Gear
$40.99 in stock
1 used from $37.49
- Military Tactical backpack size approx.:13″*20″*11″ / 33*50.5*28CM (W*H*D),Capacity: 40L; Military backpack is made of high density fabric–durable and water-resistant
- Molle tactical backpack has molle system, Molle webbing throughout for attaching additional tactical pouches or gear as 3 day assault pack backpack combat molle backpack.
- Assault pack backpack with double-stitched, Heavy duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls, Side and front load compression system, Ventilated mesh padded back area & shoulder strap,breathable and comfortable.
- Military backpack has hydration compatible that works great for a hydration bladder (backpack didn’t include hydration bladder) as hydration backpack or outdoor camping hiking backpack.
- Tactical assault pack backpack can be used as 3 day assault pack, range bag, hunting backpack, survival backpack, army backpack, trekking backpack or day pack for daily use
The Reebow Gear Military Tactical Backpack offers an impressive amount of storage in a compact, rectangular profile
- Frameless design with nylon shell
- 2,441 cubic inch capacity
- 2 large external pockets
- Built-in sleeve for hydration bladder
- MOLLE webbing on the back and sides
- Weighs 2.82 pounds
The Reebow Gear Military Tactical Backpack is an ideal choice for a bug-out or survival bag. It has a compact design, which nonetheless holds an impressive 2,441 cubic inches of supplies.
Better yet, the MOLLE webbing on the back and sides allows you to expand this capacity, either by adding pouches or simply tying on larger gear like a tarp or camp shovel.
- Rugged fabric and stitching
- Flimsy buckles and zippers
This affordable bag is roomy enough to be a good survival bag, but still weighs less than 3 pounds.
23. Slumberjack Bounty 2.0
Slumberjack Bounty 2.0
- Realtree camo combines the perfect balance of neutral earth tones, prairie grasses, brush, rock, sage and open zones—with just a hint of shadow detail for added depth and realism
- Designed to accommodate treestands, stealthy hikes, and week-long hunts in perilous terrain
- Slumberjack camping accessories bring all the comforts of home right your campsite
- The SJK line of tactical hunting packs are lightweight and durable to assure high performance and allow you to focus on the hunt
- For over 50 years Slumberjack has led the outdoor industry, innovating newer and better ways to provide outdoor enthusiasts and sportsman with a great night’s sleep in the outdoors
The Slumberjack Bounty 2.0 features a removable day pack for carrying essential supplies outside of camp.
- Internal frame design with nylon shell
- 4,900 cubic inch main compartment
- 8 external pockets
- Adjustable shoulder strap width
- Removable, 680 cubic inch day pack
- Weighs 6 pounds, 15 ounces
The Slumberjack Bounty 2.0 is one of the most spacious backpacks we’ve seen. Its 4,900 cubic inch main compartment will hold everything on our list, with the exception of the complete kits we reviewed. If you have a truly “complete” kit of your own, you’ll appreciate having this much capacity.
This backpack has adjustable-width shoulder straps, so it can be comfortably fitted to most people. It’s expensive, but the comfort, the durability, and the removable, 680 cubic inch day pack makes it well worth the price.
- Durable construction
- Very large capacity
- Versatile, modular design
- Adjustable and comfortable
If you have a large, heavy survival kit, this tactical backpack will help you carry it as comfortably as possible.
24. Ruger 10/22 Takedown
The Ruger 10/22 Takedown is a lightweight rifle with a barrel that detaches in seconds, making it exceptionally easy to transport.
- .22 caliber rifle
- Weighs only 4.67 pounds
- Collapses to 18.5” long with the barrel detached
- Includes a carrying case
A rifle shouldn’t be at the top of anyone’s list of must have survival gear. But when it comes to sniping small game and adding some protein to your diet, the Ruger 10/22 Takedown is the best survival rifle on the market. Just remember that you can’t subsist only on small game for a long period. You can end up suffering from rabbit starvation without foraging for some vegetables or other carbohydrate and fat sources.
- Compact and portable
- Assembles in just a few seconds
- Great way to add protein to your diet
- Can be used for self-defense in a pinch
- Requires ammo and a cleaning kit (more weight)
If there’s enough small game in your area to justify a survival rifle, this one is a solid choice.
If you’re looking for the best survival tools, it’s easy to get lost in the woods – pun intended – looking at extra features or choosing between 30 different types of camping pan. So let’s make this as simple as possible:
- Make a survival gear list, keep those things in the same place, and make sure everything fits in your survival bag or duffel bag.
- When it comes to survival gadgets, USA and European-made are better. Chinese-made junk is fine for many applications, but do you really want to trust your life to it?
- Beware of cool survival gear. It’s fine if your survival tools just happen to be cool, but if a product’s best feature is that it “looks badass”, there’s probably a better option.
- The same goes for so-called tactical survival gear. Everybody calls their stuff “tactical” these days. Look at the features and reviews, not the hype.
We also recommend visiting the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more expert information including:
Must Have Survival Gear
Here are the ratings of the 24 must have survival gear pieces on the market.
Go Time Gear Life Tent
Aqua Quest Defender Tarp
ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian
Double Camping Hammock
SOG Camp Axe
PLUSINNO Fishing Rod
FiveJoy Military Shovel
Sustain Supply Co.
Slumberjack Bounty 2.0
Ruger 10/22 Takedown
Must Have Survival Gear DEALS
We collect information from many stores for best price available