Camping is one of the best ways to get in touch with nature. The perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, sleeping in a tent can be a liberating and even exciting experience.
But, it can be an uncomfortable one too!
With no mod-cons, you may feel hot in your tent. And while it can be tempting to unzip your door and let the breeze blow through, that’s like putting up a welcome sign to all the buzzing, biting insects in the vicinity!
Choosing and using the best tent fan will help keep you cool and save you from being eaten alive by hordes of blood-thirsty mosquitos.
Portable fans are light, compact, and easy to use. They’re either battery-powered or rechargeable. And while they won’t keep you cool like AC does, most are powerful enough to make sure you stay comfortable on your camping trip.
Buying a tent fan can be a daunting prospect – there are so many to choose from. That’s why, in this guide, we’ve tried and tested the best camping fans, so you can make an informed choice and buy with confidence.
Best Tent Fans
Odoland LED Lantern
$18.99 in stock
- Why You Need This Great Camping Gear: Spending A Night Outdoors Is Something Everyone Should Experience. So You Want Something To Help You See At Night. A Lantern Is Super Useful For Camping So You Can Make Your Way Around The Campsite And Your Tent Easily In The Dark.
- Versatile Light/Fan: Ultra Bright 18 Individual Low Powered Led Bulbs. The Fan Has High And Low Settings To Provide Nice Air Circulation And Lit Up The Tent Nicely. You Can Orient In So Many Positions.
- Powerful Fan Speed And Bright Lighting: High Quality Brushless Motor For Whisper Operation, Max Wind Speed 10Ft/S, Strong Airflow And 2 Setting Speeds, It'S Great To Fresh The Air And Keep You Cool.
- The Extremely Lightweight Build Allows You To Take Your Lantern On The Go With Ease. When Not In Use Collapse The Lantern To A Smaller Size; Store It Effortlessly, Taking Little Space.
- Light Up To 37 Hours Of Regular, Continuous Use With Enough Battery Capacity. 2 D Batteries Can Keep The Fan Work For 5 Hrs In High Speed Mode, And 15 Hrs In Low Speed Mode, 20 Hrs For Led Light (Battery Is Not Included).
A lot of camping fans are freestanding. That’s ok, but it does mean that the breeze ends up being directed horizontally along the floor. This model from Odoland can be hung from an overhead anchor point like a ceiling fan. And, for added convenience, it’s also got a built-in LED light!
- Can be used as a standing fan or a ceiling fan
- Multi-angle design to direct breeze and light
- Bright 18-bulb LED lantern
- Two fan settings
- Runs on 2 D-cell batteries
- Easy to use
With its light and fan functions, this product is a real camping twofer! Whether you suspend it from the inside of your tent or stand it on the ground, you’ll be both cool and able to see. With 37 hours of operation from a single set of D-cell batteries, this fan/lantern is a must-have on any weekend camping trip.
- A versatile and useful piece of camping gear
- Very good battery life
- Quiet operation
- Too big for backpacking trips
- No AC power option
If you are hiking to your campsite, you probably won’t have space for this lantern-fan combo in your backpack. But, for car camping, it’s a great piece of kit that will make your trip much more comfortable and enjoyable. It’s also a useful item to add to your home survival kit for use in case of power outages.
8 used from $18.74
- BATTERY POWER FAN - This 5-Inch portable fan from Treva runs on 2 D batteries (not included), cool gadgets for an awesome office desk accessories or floor fan for your summer cooling
- COMPACT DESIGN: This mini fan won’t take up much space and features a convenient folding design, so you can use it as a window fan or travel fan to go with you
- TWO-SPEED OPERATION: To accommodate your needs, the box fan features high and low speeds. The cooling fan boasts a quiet operation on both settings so you can read or relax without any distractions.
- EASY TO USE: This personal fan runs on two DD batteries (not included). To install, slide out the battery door and insert batteries following (+/-) marks, then replace door.
- EMERGENCY/DISASTER PREPAREDNESS: Make sure you’re prepared with this table fan bedroom fan the next time a power outage occurs. You can stay cool and comfortable without electrical power
What’s better than one fan for keeping cool? Two fans, of course! This battery-powered fan is supplied in pairs so you can enjoy double the cooling power or share the breeze with your tent partner. At just 5” in diameter, these fans are light and compact enough for any camping trip.
- Compact design
- Durable construction
- Two-speed 5” inch five-blade fan
- Uses two D-cell batteries
- Available in five colors
Some fans are very noisy, and while they might keep you cool, they’ll also keep you awake. Extraneous noise is especially noticeable in the quiet of nature. These easy to use fans are very quiet, so you can stay cool without disturbance.
- Light and easy to store and transport
- Quite powerful despite the small size
- Long battery life
- Not everyone wants two fans
- Cannot be used with a mains adapter
Users report that these fans will run for 40-50 hours on one set of batteries – that’s impressive and more than enough for a weekend camping trip. Don’t want or need two? No problem! This model can also be bought singularly.
$29.99 in stock
44 used from $22.48
- BATTERY-OPERATED POWERFUL PORTABLE FAN : With Treva’s 10" popular Fan, you can cool off wherever you are. Perfectly sized, it is easy to transport with its convenient built-in handle
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: This desk fan is durably crafted using sturdy plastic construction for long-lasting use with a patented fan blade design which extends battery life while maximizing airflow
- TWO-SPEED OPERATION: Featuring a powerful 10-inch blade, this box fan offers high and low speeds for your comfort. Both settings deliver refreshing air with minimal noise to prevent distractions
- EASY TO USE: Position table fan face down, slide out the battery door and insert 6 D batteries following (+/-) marks. To operate fan using AC power (120-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz), use supplied adapter only
- DUAL POWER SOURCES: For added convenience, this desktop fan runs on 6 D batteries (not included) or plug in using the included adapter. Inserting the adapter disconnects the batteries from the circuit
This fan is at home in your tent and on your desk at work. With dual power sources, it’s ideal for car camping trips, but probably a bit too big for backpacking. If your main priority is lightness, this is not the fan for you. But if you want plenty of cooling power, this could be the product for you.
- Battery and AC powered
- Large 10-inch five-bladed fan
- Built-in carry handle
- Two-speed settings
- Stable, robust design
- Available in two colors
- Uses 6 D-cell batteries or an AC adapter (supplied)
This large, powerful fan is very cooling. It’s ideal for static camps where you drive to your pitch. You probably won’t want to carry it too far. Despite being portable, it’s big and heavy. That said, if staying cool if your primary objective, this fan is the one you want.
- Very powerful
- Suitable for home or camping use
- AC power a good back-up for batteries
- Sturdy and well-made
- Too big and heavy for backpacking
- May get through a lot of batteries on longer trips
This powerful option will keep you cool on even the warmest camping trip. Plus, it’s so well-made it will last for years. If you want a fan for home and tent-use, this model from Treva comes highly recommended.
- UPGRADED Long Life Rechargeable Battery Operated Fan: 3600mAh battery(built-in) supports Max 24H working. One full charge works for about 8-24hrs depending on the settings. Valentines day gifts.
- 2 in 1 USB & Battery Powered Fan: KARECEL tiny fan is powered by not only battery but also USB, it is chargeable fan so you don’t always have to have it plugged in, you can place it anywhere and everywhere you go. This little fan can be charged via USB port from your computer, power bank, USB charger or other devices with USB output. Perfect wireless fan for office, school, home, dorm, study, library, games room, summer travel or outdoor sports or any activities.
- 3 Speed Settings and 180 Degree Rotating fan: This usb desk fan provides 3 settings of the air flow speed and can be adjusted among low, medium, high according to your demands. Adjustable wind direction option, it can swivel up and down which helps you get the perfect angle.
- 6.2 inch Mini Fan - Small but Powerful! This small fan made with a brushless motor that bring you long lasting and strong breeze experience. 4 inch fan blades produces a strong airflow(1800rpm-3200rpm depending on the speed settings)
- Quiet Desk Fan & Portable Fan: The uniquely engineered fan blades provide quiet, powerful cooling for your home or office. The max noise is close to 40dB. The rubber feet keep it stable, stops it from moving around, and insulates any vibrations from making any noise. Not disturbing your rest and work. The battery fan is very compact and can literally be taken anywhere(9.5oz lightweight small desk fan). No hesitate to contact us if you have any problems, 24/7 quick reply.
This personal fan is small, light, and ideal for home and camping use. It’s rechargeable, so it’s eco-friendly, and you won’t have to keep spending money on batteries. Small and light, this is a compact fan that’s ideal for hiking as well as more stationary camps.
- Freestanding design
- Three speed settings
- Multi-directional fan
- Dual power sources
- Four-inch, three-bladed fan
- Available in three colors
- Very quiet
- Supplied with a USB cable and a car charger
Despite its compact size, this little fan is packed with handy features. It will run for up to 20 hours on a single charge, and you can even recharge it from your car battery using the adapter provided. Light enough for hiking but powerful enough to keep you cool in hot weather, this is a capable, useful product.
- Light and small
- Surprisingly powerful
- Easy to use
- No extra batteries to buy
- Long battery life per charge
- Takes three hours to fully recharge the batteries
If you intend to run this fan all night, you’ll need a power bank to recharge it the following day. Alternatively, you can plug it into your car’s power outlet. If you’re looking for a small, light, but powerful option for camping use, this product is highly recommended.
- 【Baby Stroller Fan with Strong Tripods】The clip-on fan comes with 3 flexible legs that can be securely twisted and clip on every stroller, wagon, crib, carriage, bunk bed, bike, golf cart. no shaking or fall-off issues. Keep your baby cool and comfortable everywhere
- 【Rotatable Car Seat Fan with Powerful Airflow】The 5-inch fan blades deliver coolness in a short time, the Octopus fan supports 360°rotation which makes the kids or pets in the car backseat can enjoy the winds from different angles.
- 【Ultra Quiet Infant Fan for Sleep Well】The personal fan features a professional-grade brushless motor that keeps noise levels below 35dB, reaching a maximum rotating speed of 2470 RPM to keep you cool within 12ft distance. User-friendly for the air-conditioned allergic person.
- 【Rechargeable Battery Powered Fan for Camping】With 5000Mah battery capacity, the outdoor fan lasts 6-20 hours depending on 3-speed modes, and supports fast charging in 4 hours, making it perfect for outdoor travel, workouts use, avoiding frequent charging.
- 【Safe Fan with Durable Car Circuit】We upgrade the mainboard material and circuit structure to prevent voltage overload and overheating issues, which maximum enhances its performance and reliability, efficiently extending the battery cycle life of the fan.
If you have ever struggled to set your fan up exactly where you want it, this is the product for you. With tentacle-like tripod legs, you can put this fan almost anywhere, ensuring you always have the best possible cooling breeze.
- Flexible legs for easy setup
- Three speeds
- 360-degree angled fan
- Supplied with a 5000 mAh large-capacity power bank
- Up to 20 hours of use per charge
- Very quiet
- 6” five-bladed fan
With its flexible tripod legs, you can put this fan anywhere. It’s freestanding, but the legs can also be wrapped around a tent pole or the back of a camp chair. Put it anywhere so you can stay cool whatever you are doing, even cycling by fixing it to your handlebars.
- Versatile design
- No batteries to buy
- Powerful, quiet motor
- The battery will drain quite quickly on the highest setting
If it’s sweltering, and you turn up your fan to top speed, the battery will only last three hours before it needs recharging. Because of this, for night-long use, you’ll need to keep it on the medium or low setting. But, because this is a powerful little fan, that should be more than enough on even the hottest night.
Coleman CPX 6
1 used from $39.00
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 7.17 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 12.36 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 10.24 Inches
Coleman has a well-deserved reputation for making great outdoor gear, including tents, sleeping bags, stoves, and backpacks. This lighted tent fan continues the trend. Powerful and yet compact, this product will make a great addition to your camping setup.
- Designed to be freestanding or hung from a ceiling anchor
- Twin-speed fan
- Four LED lights with two modes – bright and nightlight
- Runs on four D-cell batteries or a rechargeable AC power pack (not supplied)
- Super-safe foam fan blades
Kids and fans don’t always mix. Turn on a fan, and, invariably, a curious child will want to poke a stick, or their finger, into the fan just to see what happens! With this product, that’s not a problem because the blades are made from finger-friendly foam, making this the perfect product for family camping trips.
- Versatile product
- Very easy to use
- The light and fan run independently
- Powerful fan and bright light
- Short battery life
- AC power pack not included
While this is a powerful product, running it on full will drain your batteries in 10 hours. You’ll need a lot of batteries to get you through a weekend trip. It’s a shame that the rechargeable power back and AC adapter are sold separately because, for many users, they’re pretty much essential. That said, this is still an excellent camping product.
- Two speed fan with foam blades
- Energy efficient cree White LED rated to 50 Lumens
- Operates with 4 x D batteries (not included)
- Up to 48 hour runtime on low, up to 24 hours on high
- 100+ hours of run time on low
Standing fans are ok for camping in small tents, but in a larger tent, an overhead fan is better. This combined tent fan with LED light is designed to be hung from the inside of your tent, providing the maximum cooling effect.
- Two-speed fan
- Two LED light settings
- Runs on four D-cell batteries
- 8” three-bladed fan
- Energy-efficient motor
While this fan is a bit too big and bulky for hiking, it’s perfect for camping. Hang it above your head for light and a pleasant cooling breeze. You should get 48 hours of use on high and a whopping 100 hours of use on low from one set of four batteries.
- Excellent battery life
- Kid-friendly, finger-safe foam blades
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Well-made and sturdy ABS construction
- Light may be too dim for some users
- Running the light and the fan together reduces air output
Even with four D-cell batteries, this product doesn’t produce a lot of power. Using both functions at the same time reduces output further. If you want a bright light and a cooling breeze, this light-fan combo may not be powerful enough for you.
- Portable tent fan circulates air to keep tents and outdoor areas cool
- Soft foam blades are safe for use around children
- Runs up to 21 hours for all-night relief
- Folds up when not in use for compact storage
- Battery-operated fan runs on 4 D batteries (sold separately)
A lot of camping fans are not powerful enough for hot weather. This model from outdoor company Coleman has a lot more to offer and should help you stay cool on even the warmest night in your tent.
- Two-speed settings
- Powerful motor
- 10” rubber three-bladed fan
- Runs on four D-cell batteries
- Folds flat for easy transport and storage
- Simple to operate
This very cooling fan is also quiet in use. The rubber blades mean it’s very child-friendly too. But, it will only run for 21 hours before the batteries need replacing. While this is enough to get you through two nights in your tent, if you are on a longer trip, or want to use your fan during the day too, you’d better pack some extra batteries.
- Very powerful motor
- Compact design
- Short battery life
Cooling power comes at a cost – lots of batteries. If you are car camping, you can carry as many batteries as you need. But, if you are hiking, carrying lots of batteries will really weigh you down. This is a good fan that’s let down slightly by its high power consumption.
Sleeping in a tent can be relaxing. The sounds of nature can lull you into a deep sleep. But, if it’s a hot night, you can soon find yourself sweating instead of snoozing, making for a very uncomfortable night. The right sleeping bag and mat will make a difference, and a tent with good ventilation is a must, but even then, you can still end up too hot to sleep.
A tent fan can make all the difference, keeping you cool and comfortable all night long.
Battery-powered fans are one option, and they tend to be the most popular and common. But you will need to carry extra batteries with you, and they can be cumbersome. Plus, batteries can be expensive too.
Some fans are rechargeable. With no batteries to buy, these fans have lower running costs, but you will need a way to recharge them after use – and that means a power bank or an AC adapter.
There are a few USB fans that are suitable for camping, but you’ll need a large-capacity power bank to keep them running.
Which one is right for you? That depends! But, whatever you need, you’ll find the best tent fan in this review!
8 Best Tent Fans
Choosing the best tent fan for your camping needs is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
Odoland LED Lantern
Coleman CPX 6