Flashlights clearly come in handy for power outages, but that’s not the only reason one would need a flashlight. And it’s definitely not a reason you’d be searching for the best waterproof flashlight.
But in this bright flashlight review, you’ll have 8 options to choose from regarding where to look for the smallest brightest flashlight, the most eco-friendly flashlight, marine flashlights and plenty of others that are water resistant.
You should be able to use these waterproof flashlights in a variety of places: camping, night swimming, hiking and walking on rainy nights and days, dog walking, and even emergency flashlights for bathroom and/or kitchen outages. (Yes, you could always use a regular flashlight, but do you really want to risk the odds of dropping it in a pool, sink or puddle? Probably not.)
Best Waterproof Flashlight
1. GearLight LED Tactical
$14.95 in stock
1 used from $29.45
- BRIGHT - The S1000 effortlessly illuminates an entire room, making it the perfect all-around flashlight for everyday use, outdoor activities, and a great Father’s Day gift.
- DURABLE - This tactical flashlight is virtually indestructible. Constructed from military-grade aluminum, it is water-resistant and strong enough to withstand a 10-foot drop.
- COMPACT - This compact flashlight easily fits in your pocket, backpack, or purse, ensuring convenient storage and quick access. Ideal for use around the house, while dog walking, or during camping trips making it the perfect gift for men.
- INCLUDED - This high-lumen flashlight package includes (2) S1000 LED Tactical Flashlights, (2) AAA Battery Holders, (2) Battery Tubes, (2) Hand Straps, (2) Holder Cases (Bonus Accessory), (1) Operation Guide, and (1) Warranty Card, making it the ideal dad gift.
- SIZE - Measuring 6.1 x 1.57 x 1.57 inches, these compact flashlights are essential for outdoor, camping, and hiking activities. They also work great as everyday emergency lights and a practical Gift for Dad.
This two-pack of handheld flashlights are not only water resistant but also described as “virtually indestructible,” meaning it can survive up to a 10-foot drop. It’s even been tested for freezing and run over by a truck.
- High-grade aluminum
- Five light modes (high, medium, low, strobe, SOS)
- Bonus holsters (two)
These flashlights can show you objects up to 1,000 feet away and are 10 times brighter than the average incandescent lights. Just install three AAA batteries or a single rechargeable battery. Slide it into your pockets, backpack or purse for quick access.
- Wide-to-narrow beam zoom
- Ultra bright wide area beam
- Batteries not included
- Light doesn’t always work or just flickers, according to one user
This flashlight comes with a one-year, no-questions-asked replacement warranty.
2. Anker Rechargeable Bolder
Anker Rechargeable Bolder
$24.99 in stock
- SUPER-BRIGHT: 900-lumen (max) Cree LED sweeps bright light over the length of about two football fields (660 ft / 200 m) and reaches nearly 1000 ft. Fully zoomable from wide to narrow beam. Features 5 adaptable settings: High / Medium / Low / Strobe / SOS.
- LONG-LASTING: Up to 6 hours (Medium-beam mode) of powerful, non-diminishing brightness from the included premium rechargeable 3350mAh battery. LEDs boast an extended 50000-hour lifespan. Recharge in just 6 hours with a 1A adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- TOUGH & RELIABLE: IPX5-rated water resistant and designed for use in heavy rain. Its durable aluminum body and shock-resistance endure rough handling.
- SMART DESIGN: A pocket-friendly compact chassis with an anti-slip finish holds fast in your hand or stands on-end as an emergency lamp.
This zoomable flashlight will last for six hours with no batteries needed.
- 900-lumen CREE led
- Five light modes (high, medium, low, strobe, SOS)
- 18650 battery included
This flashlight includes a micro USB charging port and micro USB cable. It can aim the light for as far as approximately two football fields (660 feet) and reaches nearly 1,000 feet. Its durable aluminum body and shock-resistance protection can endure rough handling. With an anti-slip finish, it’s also a reliable flashlight to use for emergencies.
- Pocket-sized for easy storage
- LEDs have 50K hour lifespan
- Adapter not included
- A few users complained of either no working light mode or the light mode having to constantly be re-programmed
This flashlight is covered by an 18-month warranty.
3. Dorcy Floating
$7.99 in stock
- Rugged design is impact resistant and will float if dropped in water
- Contains (4) super bright LED bulbs that provides 55-lumens of light output
- Long lasting 8 hours and 45 minutes of run time.
- Built-in tail cap carabineer clip that allows you easily attach the flashlight to your belt or back pack. Shock absorbing rubber for slip-free, comfortable grip.
- 3 AA Batteries included so this flashlight is ready to go when camping, hiking, home safety or walking at night
This flashlight is not only waterproof, but if you drop it, it will just float along. You’ll have a head start to catch it in the pool or a rain puddle.
- Available in five colors (neon green, blue, pink, purple, yellow)
- Four super bright LEDs
- Carabiner clip
This waterproof LED flashlight, with 55 lumens of light output, contains four super bright LED bulbs. Ideally the runtime is eight hours and 45 minutes. This comfortable grip light option operates with three AA batteries that is suitable for camping, hiking and night walking.
- No-slip rubber grip
- Impact resistant
- Bulbs burned out within a matter of months, according to one user
- Too dim for three AA batteries, according to another user’s comparison of prior batteries
Keep track of this flashlight with the built-in tail cap carabiner clip. Attach it to your belt (assuming it’s durable enough) or backpack. This product is warranted to be free from material defects or workmanship for one year from date of purchase.
4. BlueFire CREE XM-L2 Scuba
BlueFire CREE XM-L2
- Super Bright Flashlight: Updated XM-L2 Led, the maximum range up to 100 meters. The diving light can be submerged up to 80 ft. So diving flashlight provides you ultra-bright light when underwater diving
- 3 Working Modes: Scuba diving flashlight has 3 levels of brightness, High / Weak / SOS, rotate the tail of the torch to turn the torch on/off and change the mode. It allows you to adjust the brightness according to the underwater environment, Suitable for different situations
- IPX8 Waterproof Flashlight: This professional diving flashlight is IPX8 waterproof level, 80 ft underwater, very suitable for beginner divers. Perfectly for underwater sports, whether it is scuba diving, fishing, boating, snorkeling can be applied
- Portable Flashlights: Lanyard and Hand Strap Included, , easy to carry and use underwater. Lifespan up to 60,000 hours or more, no need to consider replacing the bulbs for the whole life
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: Package does't including Li-ion battery and USB charger., we ensure you replacements or refund if there is any quality issue, so just buy it without any worries
The BlueFire CREE is shock resistant, and is mainly designed for professional divers or underwater photographers.
- Three working modes (low light, strobe light, high light)
- Aluminum alloy head
- Fluorescence ABS body design
This marine flashlight comes with a lanyard and hand strap, and is convenient to carry. Use a rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery or three AAA batteries. It’s also waterproof up to 80 feet under water.
- Updated version of T6 chip (brighter)
- Less heat radiation than other flashlights
- Batteries not included
- Cannot screw the switch tightly underwater
Ideally you should turn the light on before you go under water. It’s difficult to screw the switch below the surface.
5. Consciot Rechargeable Camping Lantern
$17.99 in stock
- 6 Lighting Modes - Front flashlight: High Light Mode (350lm) & Low Light Mode (120lm); Side Lantern: Full Bright & Half Bright & Red Light (Stay on) & Strobe Red Light (SOS Signal for Emergency).
- USB Charging & Power Bank - Built-in large capacity battery charged by USB port (USB Type C Cable Included), used as a power bank for you mobile devices.
- Water Resistant Design - The IPX4 waterproof level can prevent circuit from splashing water from all directions; Suitable for both indoor and outdoor even under severe weather conditions.
- Portable & Lightweight - Portable design with lightweight of 0.76 pounds, compact size, allows it to be carried portably, perfect for searching, hiking, camping, climbing, fishing, hunting, exploring, cycling, power outage, etc.
- Multifunctional - Designed with a comfortable carry handle & two-way hook, this LED torch can work as a searchlight or become a camping lantern with the side light on; Carry it as a flashlight or hang it on tent, backpack, and branches.
This waterproof light comes with a USB cable for emergencies and a two-way hook to connect it to something easily reachable at a moment’s notice.
- Camping lantern
- Two-way hook and embedded hook
Insert two rechargeable lithium batteries (18650) after a charge of five hours. It should be able to work up to 3.5 hours on six modes (high, low, red, strobe, and side lanterns of high 360 and low 180). The rubber material and the sealed housing resistance design provides IPX4 waterproof rating, which can prevent circuits from splashing water all over the place.
- Lightweight (0.76 pounds)
- Identifies when fully charged (blue) versus charging (red)
- Warranty policy says “not applicable”
- May feel awkward to hold unless by the handle
This flashlight is designed for dark and emergency situations, including rainy days and severe weather.
6. LETMY LED
LETMY LED Tacitcal
- 【ULTRA BRIGHT & LONG-LASTING】LETMY high lumens flashlights use the UPGRADE LED Chip, not other cheap LED Chips, brighter than basic LED flashlight. Super bright high performance flashlight with high quality of 50,000 hours working life. Conveniently powered for hours with 3 AAA batteries or one 18650 rechargeable battery(batteries not included).
- 【SMART DESIGN】Mini size & Anti-slip design; This flashlights is small enough to fit in your pocket, handbag, drawer, or car compartment. Also with comfortable hand rope, you can take the flash light at anytime or anywhere. Great flash lights for camping, hiking, dog walking, power outage, household using, emergencies, hurricane or survival.
- 【ADJUSTABLE FOCUS & FIVE MODES】Powerful LED generates a brilliant large area floodlight or a perfectly focused spotlight. You can adjustable focus range for different usage, stretching to adjust tactical flashlight focus and get spot beam and flood beams you need. This flashlights supports five switchable modes: High, Medium, Low, Strobe, SOS. Convenient for your use.
- 【WATERPROOF & HIGH QUALITY FLASHLIGHTS】LETMY flash light can waterproof from splashing water from any angle and heatproof. Suitable for the outdoor environment and adverse weather conditions. The body of this flashlight is made of high quality military grade aluminum alloy. This LED flashlight is sturdy and durable enough for long time daily using.
- 【EXCEPTIONAL VALUE】Include 2 small flashlights, keep one in your car, one in your home, or gift one to a friend or family member, great idea as a Christmas gift. You will get 2x LETMY LED Tactical Flashlights, 2x AAA Battery Holders, 2x Battery Tubes, 2x Lanyards, 1x Operation Guide. (Batteries are not included)
This two-pack of flashlights is ideal for portable outdoor use.
- Military grade aluminum alloy
- Waterproof water ring
- Zoomable design
Available in five modes (high, medium, low, strobe, SOS), this super bright high-performance light has a working life of 50K hours. You will need three AAA batteries or one 18650 rechargeable battery.
- Anti-slip handle
- Adjustable focus range
- One user’s flashlight (two total) stopped working after dropping one time
- Another user got no response after flashlight failed after 10 months
This flashlight comes with a two-year replacement warranty. It also has a 90-day money back guarantee.
7. HeCloud Professional
- 【Solid Durability】The diving flashlight is made of high-quality sturdy plastic material, which is shock-proof and drop-proof, ensuring that the diving light can work well in water and outdoors.
- 【IPX8 Waterproof Rating】This professional diving flashlight is IPX8 waterproof level, 80 ft underwater, very suitable for beginner divers. With re chergeable powar, it can be re cherged again and again.
- 【3 Working Modes--Widely Use】High / Low / Strobe 3 modes with Powerful waterproof performance, perfectly for underwater sports, whether it is scuba diving, fishing, boating, snorkeling can be applied.
- 【Updated T6 LED Bulbs】Updated T6 bulb is more powerful and stable than T6 chip. Super bright compact dive light can be submerged up to 80 ft. Lifespan up to 60,000 hours or more, no need to consider replacing the bulbs for the whole life.
- 【Portable Diving Flashlight】 Small and portable, the size is 8.62 x 3.62 x 2.91 inches, and the weight is only 15.52 ounces, including the lanyard, easy to carry and use underwater, it is the best choice for diving, trips or night walking.
This underwater outdoor flashlight is small enough that you can fit into your pocket, and it won’t take up as much room as even your smartphone. (Of course it may be fatter and definitely don’t sit on either.)
- Tail cover
- AAA battery holder
- Wrist strap
This flashlight (5.15 x 0.98 inches) has a IPX8 waterproof level and is suitable for beginner divers. This is a major relief for swimmers who are already trying to get used to swimming at varying lengths. The flashlight should make it even easier for them to scope out the area. The life span of this camera is estimated to last for 60K hours or more.
- Super bright flash
- No need to replace the bulbs for the life of the camera
- Three AAA batteries not included (but needed for power)
- Keep away from sand
This flashlight is covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
8. Coast Polysteel
$29.43 in stock
2 used from $25.25
- Beam Distance (High) : 810 FT / 247 M ; Beam Distance (Low) : 255 FT / 78 M
- Runtime (High) 2 H 15MIN ; Runtime (Low) 40 H
This flashlight helps you see as far as 247 meters into the distance.
- Twist-focusing lens (provides two beams in one light)
- Two light modes (bulls-eye spot beam and ultra view flood beam)
- 710 lumens
With a runtime on low, it can run for 40 hours. With a runtime on high, the power can last two hours and 15 minutes. The beam distance on high runs for 810 feet, and a low beam distance runs for 255 feet. With a waterproof polymer body, the durable construction of this flashlight may save you from an accidental drop.
- Grip-textured handle to avoid spillage
- Focusing and beam technology for maximum beam distance
- No holster included
- Light problems for multiple users (either not switching modes, not turning on at all or dying in a matter of months)
This water-resistant flashlight is covered by a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Did any of these waterproof flashlights meet your needs? Hopefully so. Some do not come with batteries included, so you should probably stock up on a few extras. (You don’t want to be put in an awkward situation where you have to wait for it to charge or search around in the dark trying to find where the extra batteries are. Test the flashlight regularly, and keep batteries in an accessible spot.)
They’re all weather resistant and should be suitable during rough, rainy weather. Some may be lighter than others, making it easy to carry for all family members. Or, choose a more heavy-duty one and carry it by the handle.
The goal here is to make sure that the light voltage matches whatever your needs are. In addition to testing the flashlight to make sure it works at all, figure out which mode works best for which room (high, medium, low, strobe, SOS). Shining a light in your living room probably won’t need as much power as a dark basement.
Make sure to test the flashlight with the lights off beforehand, so you know how helpful the flashlight will be when you really need it. Here’s hoping this is all you need if an emergency happens, and it works for the promised years (or lifetime) to assist you in finding the best one for the job.
Visit the OutdoorWorld Reviews homepage for more expert reviews!
Best Waterproof Flashlights
Check out the ratings of the best waterproof flashlights before you decide which one to buy!
BlueFire CREE XM-L2
Ano D703 Dive Light
Anker Rechargeable Bolder
LETMY LED Tacitcal
Best Waterproof Flashlights DEALS
We collect information from many stores for best price available