Fishing is a well-known activity around the world. It has been so for several hundreds of years, and its origin can be traced right to the earliest days of man.
Fishing as an activity is quite interesting. It offers much fun, and it is very rewarding as well. However, if you do not know the basic techniques involved, you may get frustrated at the process.
Initially, men used stones and sharp objects like spears to fish. And although it worked, it was a challenging technique, and it was time and energy-consuming as well.
Thankfully, fishing has evolved a lot since then, and fishermen now have several advanced fishing tools at their disposal to help make their tasks easier and faster.
Change A Fishing Reel From Right To Left Handed
Although fishing reels can come in both right and left-handed designs, the right-handed is more in demand, however what if your friend is joining you on the next trip and is left handed? Or you prefer to fish using your left hand?
The good news is that you can easily switch your fishing reel from right to left and back. Here’s how.
- Unscrew the dust cap on the right of the fishing reel.
- Unscrew the handle on the left side till it comes out.
- Now insert the handle over on the right-hand side of the reel and tighten it.
- Then place the dust cap on the left side and use a screw to tighten it too.
Types Of Fishing Reels
Basically, there are three types of fishing reels, each designed uniquely but with similar functions. They are:
- The Spincast fishing reel: The spincast fishing reel is a type of fishing reel with enclosed features. It often comes in the shape of a cone, and its components are housed within. This type of fishing reel is popular among beginners because of its simplicity and relative ease of use. It has a button that you push to let the line down, and it is the most affordable type of fishing reel.
- The spinning fishing reel: Arguably the most popular among the three, this spinning reel is also easy to cast. Although it is a bit similar to spincast reels, it is much more accurate and has a longer reach compared to the other. The line is strategically placed underneath the rod for more balance, and it has a fixed spool that allows the line to flow freely.
- The Bait-casting fishing reel: This is the most advanced of all fishing reels, and it has the longest reach and boasts of the best accuracy. However, it requires a lot of skills and experience, which makes it more difficult to use.
Most fishing reels are designed for right-handed usage, which makes it difficult for left-handed users. But this should not be a problem, because you can easily change the settings all by yourself.
You can also follow the same process to change a left-handled reel to the right side.
However, you must carry out regular maintenance on your fishing reels by cleaning and oiling them regularly to ensure maximum efficiency.
Leave a Reply